We have stayed at Gran Bahia Principie in Punta Cana and loved it. So when we planned our trip to Jamaica we decided to stay at Gran Bahia Principie again. Let me tell you the good stuff first because it's not a lot. Our room was in good proximity to everything. Like the pool, the restaurants and the entertainment. The resort is smaller then in Punta Cana so you can walk easily to areas of the resort without taking a shuttle. We also liked that since we had our 3 1/2 year old daughter with us that they had a mini disco for the kids from 6:30-8:30. They turned the night club into a disco for kids. Playing music they like with 2 ladies entertaining them and ensuring they Re having fun. They also a kids corner in the buffet with food for kids. However usually it wasn't something my daughter would eat, but a nice touch. The shows at night were good too. Not up to cruise or vacation shows caliber but entertaining.
Ok now the bad. Where to begin. So much. The first night my husband couldn't sleep because our air conditioner was humming all night. I can sleep through anything but someone who can't,it's annoying. The next day my daughter had to use the toilet to go number 2, and the toilet was clogged. Understandable. cease most non North American place have issues with plumbing. So we called maintenance. They came 3 hours later. Our toilet clogged 4 more times over our 7 day stay. One time it took them over 5 hours to come and fix it. And the only reason it was before 5 hours it was because I complained. I'll talk about my experience with management in a bit.
Towels, there seemed to be a towel munchkin that hid towels. Customarily in hotels, when you want your towels switched you put them on the ground or in the tub. The ones you don't, they don't exchange. Our first night we didn't put any towels in the ub, however when housekeeping came they took all our towels. They did not replace any, so when we got to the room, we had no towels to even wipe our hands on. It wasn't until later in the day that we would get towels, around 5:30 or 6. One time, one of our friends had got back to their room after being at the pool. The girl went for a shower not realizing there are no towels. After a few minutes in the shower she noticed, her husband called housekeeping, they were told they would get towels in 5 mins. She waited 45 mins and still nothing. They called us, because we were hiding our towels, and we were able to give them some. They never got towels that night.
At the buffet, there were never any plates. Food would run out and they would not replenish in a timely fashion. Pancakes took 20 mins to make. Waffles in a waffle machine took 45 mins. Food choice was not good. Everyday the same thing. They had theme nights, but nothing really other then the feature table had anything good. There was one night it was Italian night you would think, pasta, lasagna, chicken and so on. No just the usual.
The public bThrooms near the buffet, were always clogged too. Over the 7 day period the same stall was clogged the whole 7 days.
I complained 2 times. The first time I spoke to a supervisor named Kemoya. She assured me everything would be fixed. She managed to get our air conditioner fixed that day as well as got our toilet fixed. But the next day we had toilet issues again
I complained a second time, this time on Thursday, we were leaving on Saturday. I spoke to a pr manager named Diana Lewis. She sold me the sun, the moon and the stars. She said she would get everything fixed, like our toilet, which was fixed. Maintenance came and said there was an issue with the pipes and fixed it. However the toilet was now leaking. But we didn't care bc we were leaving. Diana said that she would get a fruit basket delivered to us with t-shirts and other goodies bc of our troubles. Our table in our room got set with linen and china, however no goodies ever showed up.
In the end I want to say that no one in the resort cares. They are there just to collect a pay check. The staff are not friendly. When you tip, which you don't have to, but we did, we never so any genuine appreciation. The workers never greeted you nicely or anything. And everyone works on island time. If you get this resort for $200 then it's worth it, but anything more save your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay