We were there from Sept. 1-8.
We are Privilege Club members. Check in and the welcoming party for members was amazing. No issues at all. Food was good. The staff at the buffet was awful, as a member we had a special section and several times had to get up and leave our section to sit else where because there was no wait staff there to get us forks, knives, drinks, ect. The staff at the ala carte rest. were amazing no problems at all! Never had to ask for anything because as soon as they saw a cup get low they were there to refill it. Pool is very nice we enjoyed a few days at the private pool for members and a few days at the main pool with activities. Privilege beach leaves more to be desired (see below). All the bars were nice and staff was friendly.
Amazing staff in the Privilege Lounge, Marie, Sabrina, Melissa and ALL of the other ladies and a few guys were awesome.
Major downfall. The beach area was not what we had expected in regards to access to the ocean. With the area provided at this resort, we were unable to swim out in the waves of the ocean which we enjoy doing while on vacation. There are many low spots and sharp rocks that made our time in the ocean less enjoyable than expected. Also, I was unaware that the sand would be so hard and containing gravel/rocks. It is my understanding that Jamaica suffered great damage from hurricane Sandy last year and I would say it is safe to assume the beach was much different before said storm. Hopefully in the future they can rebuild the beach to its original beauty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay