“Relaxing holiday at your fingertips”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a luxury holiday, we visited this hotel for a 2week stay the end of June this year, on arrival we were upgraded to the golden club and had a very smooth check in, the room was very nice on the 5th floor, facing the sea. The restaurants were very nice although you do have to book in advance since they get fully booked fast. Godfrey was a top class rep for first choice, nothing was ever any trouble for him. If you like strong rum the bar staff certainly do not scrimp on the alcohol intake into drinks. The maids work exceptually hard in the hotel, and so do the Maintence staff, this hotel was constantly being cleaned. The entertainment staff were very energetic and involved people of all ages during the day around the pool. Excellent hotel would recommend

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Holmes88
Customer Servic... B, directora de calidad at Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear guest,

Certainly your satisfaction is our best award. We are very happy to learn that once again we achieved our goal.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know and sharing your experience with our reviewers on Trip Advisor and we hope to see you very soon in our Resort.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at the Gran Bahia in Jamaica September 5th through the 9th 2013. My initial thought upon arrival was the resort is breath taking...right out of a postcard. I wasn't too impressed with the professionalism of the front desk upon arrival/ check in though as they did not tell me one single thing. Just handed me my room card & left me to fend for myself. They do give you a map but it would be nice if they went over anything with me! I absolutely loved the buffet...great selection! I would have been content to eat there for all of my meals. The Grill was absolutely horrible. The Hibachi place was alright. I am from the NY area so we have the best of everything...maybe I'm hard to please. But if you're really hungry avoid the hibachi...the portions are the smallest I've ever seen in any hibachi place.

Pool was terrific & clean & unlike previous posters I thoroughly enjoyed the reggae music because I have a pulse & was not looking to spend my vacation in a mortuary.

Room was beautiful as well & the view just beautiful.

Side note: avoid the annoying women stationed all over the resort trying to get you to "have breakfast" with them the following day. They are trying to sell some sort of book through the hotel package thing that is expensive & you have to have a credit card. They are obnoxious too...called & woke me up the first morning I was there.

Also the place is huge. You really have to walk far & get out there & explore. There is an entire shopping/ disco/ entertainment area you wouldn't even know is there off to the side, hidden. Theres also a beach buffet I didn't realize was there until 2 days in.

Most definitely a couples resort.

Other than that the staff was very friendly & accommodating!

And if you can, leave the resort...get out & see Jamaica....thers so much more to see than whats in the confines of the resort!

Room Tip: tower 13 is where its at!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank MicheleOtto

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your recommendation regarding our Front Desk that of course it will be taken into consideration to improve our service. And also we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed our buffet, our swimming pool with reggae ambient music and our rooms.

Thank you again for your time to post this review and for vacationing with us. Looking forward to welcome you again very soon..
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Bahia, but I have a complaint and I am getting frustrated. On Sept 8th I went to go home and the bellhop came for my bag by the entrance. For whatever reason, my bag was not placed on the transfer bus and by the time I got to the airport it was too late. The Bahia was not answering their phone and eventually it was too late to rush it in a taxi to me and I had to leave my stuff behind.

Now the Bahia is telling me I am 100% responsible for the cost of shipping the bag to me in Canada. I am frustrated because I didn't even get an apology for their employee's negligence! Plus, I feel it is good customer service to help a customer out in some way with such a terrible experience and all I got from the Bahia was "sorry for the inconvenience, please send a courier"- like I had left a charger behind and not my ENTIRE bag of clothing, toiletries, and souvenirs.

I accept responsibility for not double checking my bag made it on the bus, but I just don't feel like the Bahia really cares at all about such a major vacation-ruining expense.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 12, which was close to the lobby, pool, and food- we liked the convenience sin...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Casey E

Dear Mrs. Elliot

With great regret we have learned through your comment on trip advisor that you are not satisfied with all the efforts from our Resort and especially from our colleague Mrs. Lewis who is doing her best to send your forgotten luggage home .
As Ms. Lewis has informed you on her last communication we are waiting for your instructions to send your belongings as soon as possible.

For complete peace of mind, we advise all our guests to check their luggage and ensure that this is placed in the interior of the bus before leaving.

We hope that this situation does not tarnish your perception of Bahia Principe Chain and you could give us the opportunity to host you again in our Hotels.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

To keep it brief, we expected a quiet relaxing Caribbean holiday and it just wasn't! The hotel was lovely but huge and therefore the buffet restaurant was absolutely hectic which made us try and figure out quieter times to go but also the food was disappointing. The sandy beach was lovely, but beach bar was always playing loud reggae, dance music. The other beach was stony with cigarette stumps scattered over it so not cleaned properly on a daily basis. We didn't use the pool because the dj's at the towel point were doing their thing and the noise coming out of the speakers was ridiculous resulting in a pool similar to that in Ibiza!
The bedroom and cleanliness of those and the hotel was too notch. 2 out of the 5 al a carte restaurants were lovely (Spanish and gourmet) others were disappointing and as it is something to look forward to, we were gutted!
Evening entertainment and bars were great. Excursions were ridiculously expensive including the water sport centre on site. We hired a car and other than Ricks Cafe in Negril and the Blue Lagoon near Port Antonio whih were lovely, hiring a car was a waste of time and money as Jamaica is run down.
We wouldn't go back but glad we tried it. The hotel needs to control it's younger staff who are ruining the pool and beach!!

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Jenny O
Customer Servic... B, directora de calidad at Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion with us and we really appreciate for bringing to us your point of view . It is trough communications of this nature that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance. Of course, we will put our most interest into your comments and we will taken good note of them.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at this resort for a week in June. Everything was amazing. Nothing to complain about, the people are friendly, the resort is clean, food was absolutely delicious, especially the Jerk chicken! We went out into the city as well to shop and eat patties. I would recommend going shopping to the straw market as opposed to the Taj mall, because you will find more unique items at the market - mostly hand made, hand painted items etc. I would definitely go back to this resort over and over again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cryss21

Dear Guest,

It is always a delight to learn you have had a pleasant vacation at our resort. We especially appreciate your words about the hospitality and warmth of our staff.

We thank you for sharing your remarks with us; we are already looking forward to see you again at our Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica always your home in Jamaica.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just got back from 2 weeks at the Gran Bahia, Jamaica, where we had our wedding. Can't find fault at all. Wedding planners were great, and the day was exactly what we wanted, (thank you all). Hotel, food, facilities and entertainment were all excellent. Everywhere you looked there were cleaners keeping it spotless. Snorkelling around the beach area was great. The a la carte restaurants were all superb, but the buffet was just as good, lots of choices. Recommend that you go to Mystic Mountain, we had a fantastic day.

Room Tip: We had room 11505, perfect location overlooking the wedding gazebo on the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank sandra g

Dear guest,

Thank you for your heartwarming review. Your remarks about the excellent quality of our Hotel services, gastronomy , entertainment, cleaning , friendly and accommodating staff and of course, your wedding.Your opinion about our hotel can be very helpful for other potential travelers.

On behalf of our management and staff, thank you for vacationing with us; we look forward to host you and provide you once again with a wonderful vacation.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Beyond clean
Very generous with food and drinks
Very friendly staff.
Great service
Operator efficient
Room huge gorgeous view
Loved everything
Great shows
Great lifeguards
Staff always coming and asking if we need anything every few minutes

Alll my needs were met plus more

Cant wait to go back

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Yasmeenzaman

Dear guest,

Receive cordial greetings from Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica.

We cannot tell you how much we appreciate your kind words and positive opinion regarding your recent stay with us.

We cannot wait for seeing you again very soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance for your next visit.

Best regards,

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica? Share your experiences!