We visited the Gran Bahia Principe as part of a large group for a wedding, and splurged for the Golden Club package. The extra perks were great: free mini-bar, free internet, 4 a-la-carte restaurant reservations, and 24 hr room service, just to name a few. Well worth it if you can afford it.
Our room was great - both ocean and pool views, though I understand that every room at this resort has either one or the other. The water pressure in the shower was good, and the jacuzzi tub helped to soothe achy muscles after a day of water sports.
I can't say enough about the animation team at this resort. They were great. We had lots of fun participating in the daily activities at the pool and on the beach. As an added bonus, there are prizes (bottles of rum, etc) for the games and contests - definitely sweetens the deal. Our days were never boring, nor were the evenings. I read some complaints about the evening entertainment, but we really didn't have any. A healthy dose of laughter can improve any performance.
The beach was man-made, and quite rough in some areas in front of the hotel, but there were more umbrellas and chairs there as a result. For swimming, the beach on the other side of the hotel was good, with shallow waters and the snack bar nearby. We did most of our swimming in the pool, and sunbathing at the beach.
TIP: bring your own insulated mug to keep drinks cooler for longer. We didn't think to bring any, but it seemed like all the other guests did!
The wedding at the hotel was beautiful. The wedding gazebo offers some privacy for the ceremony, and they hired the steel drum band to play at the champaign cocktail reception. Unlike some resorts, this hotel only conducts one wedding per day, so the bride does not have to compete. The spa provided manicures and hairstyling (major hairspray is a must to combat tropical breezes) but was on the pricey side.
One dark spot amongst all the brightness: we had one person in our group lose some valuables from their room. Take advantage of the in-room safes (included with gold club package), and bring traveler's checks instead of cash. No matter where you go in the world, it's better to play it safe - no pun intended!
Over all, our stay at the Gran Bahia Principe was great. The food was excellent, both at the buffets and the restaurants, and we were endlessly entertained by the staff. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. It's a large resort, so plenty of opportunity to meet new people, and lots to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Booking.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay