I have been south before but this was my first time in Jamaica. The hotel is a hour from the airport. We went with suneong so we traveled by bus to the resort it probably would have been better to travel privately. For check in they did us as a group we asked before travelling if we could have a king size bed room not on ground floor. We got a double bed room on ground floor. Me and my husband complained right away and they said it would take three days to fix. It was fixed but it was a hassle moving and we were still on ground floor. The a la cartes should be booked as soon as you arrive we did three grill, Italian, and the Japanese. All were good but the Japanese was excellent make sure you ask for the tapenaki table when you reserve it's a great show and it is delicious. The buffet is really good and lots of selection and lunch time you have to go to the beach for jerk chicken it's really good but spicy be careful! The pool is great but the beach is amazing. It's so big we always went to the other side of the bay next to the bar there is a game washers that's really fun. We met tons of people through the game and its great to play. Miguel was an awesome bartender and kept the good drinks coming. All in all the location makes the hotel great but it needs to do better with customer satisfaction.
Bring water shoes for dunnes river
Shopping trip is ok we went to Harley Davidson Ochos rios which is cheaper than the airport with more selection.
Good chairs go early so if you are picky wake up early to get a spot.
You will get fly bites they cannot kill all nature bring fly repellant if you do not want any.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP USA TRAVEL INC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay