First and fore most we had a wonderful time at this resort. This spot is beautiful. This was mine and my husbands first all inclusive and we were a little worried about how things would go, luckily we were not disappointed!
Our room was comfortable and clean, cleanliness was very important to me. The only draw back is that we did not have face clothes and the clock didn't keep time, we set it, but it lost minutes as the day went by... we had a phone, so no worries.
The buffet was decent, but not amazing. We knew many people who had stayed at this resort prior to us, we got mixed reviews on the food. Everyday was themed which was fun, there was regular selections at the buffet and some things were changed up each day. I had no problems finding something that I liked. I especially enjoyed the buffet for breakfast and lunch. We had a wonderful server named Terrique (please forgive the spelling) He was always on top of things, once we had him, we requested his section from that point on. He made sure we had plenty of water and wine or beer... never let our glasses run empty, but only poured the booze after asking if we wanted more. This guy is definitely gonna move up the ladder quickly, this resort is very lucky to have such a diligent young man working for them! We went to the Mikado, Don Pablo and the Grill, we enjoyed each of these nights. Don Pablo was terrific, I feel that our server had to work very hard to keep things going for us, He had to prepare our main plates and our desserts... and maintain a fairly large section, he was lovely and did a great job, but I think they need a little more help in their sections!
We loved the pool and spent most of our days there, we hung out in the area nearest to the Don Pablo section... We spent a decent amount of time near the swim up bar, Shanna (again forgive the spelling) is a fantastic bartender!!
We spent a few evenings out in the shopping area watching some of the shows, we took in the Men VS women show, the steal drums and the Jamaician show. We loved the steal drums! We also spent some time on the terrace, the staff and entertainment were also great there.
Avoid getting your welcome package, they are pushy and it's a time share...
Also as a side note, Treson was our Sunwing representative, she was lovely and helped make sure we a great time at this place, which we totally did!
I would definitely come back to this resort!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay