“Great for weddings!”

Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
“Great for weddings!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed with a group of 30 people for my best friends wedding. We had her special day beside a gazebo on the beach front with a steel drum playing and it was amazing! The staff was all so friendly and I loved hearing them sing, it just put a smile on my face. The photographer(Chris) took some wonderful pictures and was very creative in his shots.
The stores on site are kind of pushy but a firm no thank you will suffice. You can bargain with th hem and definitely look around as some carry similair items. The little sports bar was great and the burger place that was open late was appreciated after 12 moonshine babies :s.
The spa was also fantastic and I would highly recommend the ganja oil massage! The resort was very large so I would recommend a walk when you arrive just to site where everything is.

Thanks to the staff for just being genuinely happy and willing to help with anything! I will be back someday:)

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank mommabre
Ilse S, Social Media Coordinator at Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments about our resort's excellence as a wedding destination. It is grateful to know you have had a wonderful time with us and you enjoyed the staff attentiveness and warmth, sports bar and the spa and overall the services and facilities.

We would like to thank you for choosing Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica; we will be more than happy to host you again on your next vacation.

Yours faithfully,

Social Media Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,049)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Resort was ok , only issue was the slow waiter/waitress service at the pool bars,didn't matter how much you tipped , 10 bucks or 1 dollar, long times waiting to get a drink when your poolside , I think it's more of not having enough people on during the day times. This is the first time I was in Jamaica , I did Mexico , Dominican and Cuba , and found that Jamaica is WAY OVER PRICED by alot compared to the other destanations like I named ,for the same experience and way better service. I did a 5 star in Mexico and Dominican for 1400 and less ,compared to 2100 for Jamaica , and my experience in mexico and Dominican were more value and excellent
service for your money! Don't think I will be back to Jamaica unless they drop there prices !

1 Thank Justin_222
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for your remarks. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed overall the resort. Sincerely, we regret the fact that you have left our property unhappy and we apologize for any inconveniences you may have had. We are in the business to bring an enjoyable, unforgettable experience to all of our guests. The few times that we do encounter an unhappy guest we address the issue immediately and turn the challenge into an opportunity. We will address all of your observations to related departments to have them into consideration.

Let us kindly point out that production costs in any business operation are subject to different factors which unfortunately may vary in relation to each country's specific conditions, it having a direct influence on the price of the product. Also prices may vary in relation to the category of the hotel or the chosen room category.

Thank you for your collaboration and for vacationing with us.

Yours respectfully,

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Today Sunday5th a party of 4 have arrived back and I must stress if anyone finds anything to complain about they should stay at home for their annual holiday. The staff were more than accommodating to any needs that you have. The staff are happy to greet you and offer what ever help they can give. This is the third time we have visited the Bahia, Mexico and Dominican. Jamacia you can understand the language and drink the water with no problem. The reps are on hand even just to say good morning. We visited the dolphins and the blue mountain bike ride which was exceptional value for money.
The only thing I would change is the Noisy Canidians who have no consideration for anyone what ever the time of day or night. Their voices can be heard from far off places and the more alcohol they consume the Louder they become. They forget everyone is not interested in them. There are some nice ones just very few and hard to find. We stayed in room 17219 which was super but because of the trees our view of the sea was limited. If you are going ask for the higher floor. If anyone says the food I repetitive well yes but when you,see how much choice is offered I would like to say it is you that pick the food up each time you go so don't complain. The Al a carte once again exceptional very relaxed and enjoyable.

So my advise if you are off soon enjoy and don't read any more reviews make your own mind up. Some people are only happy when they complain.

Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Jan R
Ilse S, Social Media Coordinator at Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is always a delight to learn you have had a pleasant vacation at our resort. We appreciate your words about the food at the buffets and a la carte restaurants, the pure Jamaican water, nice room and the hospitality and warmth of our staff.

We thank you for sharing your remarks with us; we are already looking forward to see you again at our Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica on your upcoming vacation.

Yours faithfully,

Toronto
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just came back today from runway bay Gran Bahia Principe to Toronto Canada and i think i owe it to all the travelers going to this resort thinking its s 5 star...hahahahaha.....they said to me themselves "we aim to be a 5 star". I paid $1250 PER PERSON FOR ONE WEEK OF VACATION IN THIS RESORT AND THEN WAS TOLD UPON CHECK IN YOU CAN UPGRADE TO THE FIVE STAR SERVICE FOR ANOTHER $25 PER PERSON PER NIGHT. So not a 5 star for sure. No one knows how to read the resorts own map. There are so many mosquito on the first floor....my 1 year old's face is full of bites, and the sprays DO NOT WORK on these mosquito's. I had a medical emergency and it took minutes for a nurse or the ambulance to show up and the hospital was minutes away. No one ever called when i came back with my sick husband to assist in any way. The washroom kept clogging up and the flooding the room, because of which we had to change the room. The bell boy refused to take a 10 dollar tip and left it outside our door as it was too little. Oh the bus driver that takes you from the airport to the hotel will serve you beer and will charge you $5 per beer ad if you do not pay will threaten to call the police."so please do not drink it you are planning to pay $5 for the cents beer." So not take the hotel charged trips to Dunns river it is 5 times the cost you can get with a cab driver and pay the entrance fee there. The shows are not like very small budget shows and the kids shows are just dancing on rhymes....no shows at all. I will be back with pictures once downloaded. BUT PLease AVOID IF YOU CAN!

Room Tip: IF still choosing to go take a higher floor than 3rd.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank TorontoBulbul
Dear Guest,

We would like to acknowledge that we have received your note published on TripAdvisor. We sincerely regret the fact that you left our property unhappy and we extend our sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences you reported.

Concerning your remarks about the insects, we are sorry about the situations you have described; however it is important to inform you that Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts has a consultant with an international and well-known company named Cristal Americas, which on a frequent basis audits our hotels in all Hygiene and Sanitary procedures and strict programs of fumigation are carried out as our compromise to address this kind of issue. We would like to point out as well, that we have rigorous procedures to follow up in case of guests who have had medical emergencies while on property, which must be strictly applied on every circumstance. We are extremely surprised to know this procedure was not completed in your case.

We are taking carefully note of all the observations you have made to our operation to forward them to related departments and take the appropriated corrective measures to rectify and avoid of re-occurrence.

We thank you again for your collaboration and for vacationing with us.

Yours respectfully,

Social Media Coordinator.
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2013

we went there for a wedding dec.2012 was the best week of my life the staff rooms and food was out of this world I was never this relaxed in my life. my mission now is 2 return for 2 weeks god and the bank willen lol

Room Tip: ocean view room is a bonus
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wayne c
Ilse S, Social Media Coordinator at Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your remarks with us. We appreciate you have let us know, you have had an amazing vacation with us and that you have enjoyed the food, room and the quality services provided by our staff.

On behalf of the entire team of Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica, we would like to say that we will be more than happy to host you again on your upcoming vacation.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Let me start off by saying, this is my 3rd time back to Jamaica. I've stayed at the RIU I've stayed at Grand Palladium and this year was Gran Bahia!!

What an amazing experience! This is by far my favourite hotel in Jamaica so far!! The pool is absolutely incredible! It is so huge and it's always easy to find a spot to sit! Which I've read in previous reviews that it was hard. (Don't believe that) also the beach....man there are soooo many spots to sit! And u will find a tree to sit under at any hour of the day! If laying around isnt your thing, go rent some snorkel gear by the beach! This was my first time snorkelling and right out front on the rocky beach you will see some amazing fish! I seen a barracuda and a gar fish and even a puffer fish! I couldn't believe the amount of fish that I saw :) it was amazing!
The food was oh so delicious! If you have a sweet tooth, look out lol so many deserts to choose from. Make SURE you eat the jerk chicken! I ate it almost everyday!
The grounds are absolutely beautiful and they work very hard to keep it clean and have everything trimmed and the maintenance man won't hesitate to get you a fresh coconut from the tree :) another thing I loved was the amount of reggae that was played! The other hotels played alot of things besides reggae!
My only complaint is the people who come and blast there country music over the reggae that everybody is enjoying! People Jamaica is famous for there music, as it is part of there culture! Don't blast your music overtop of the great music already playing! Besides that, I would LOVE to return back to this hotel and I will tell anybody who asks me, to go to the Gran Bahia Principe!!!! Ya mon! :)
Big thanks to the Gran Bahia for making my 3rd trip in 3 years to Jamaica my BEST experience yet!
All you people writing negative reviews. You are nuts!!!!!!

5 Thank LisaD10a
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for your comments about your recent stay in our hotel. It is thrilling to know, we were able to fulfill and even to surpass all of your expectations and you have enjoyed the food, the resort and its grounds, beach, snorkeling and principally the friendliness and warmth of our staff. It is a pleasure to know you cant wait to return to our resort.

Thank you again for sharing your review with us; we will be more than happy to host you again on your next trip to Jamaica,

Reviewed May 3, 2013

There was 19 of us in total to watch my sister get married. The Gran Bahia was such a perfect place. It really exceded my expectations. The staff the great the food was fantastic amd the resort was stunning. There was not one complaint from anyone of us and out of 19 people that says a lot! My husband and I will be returning again next year with some friends. Really can't wait until we are back in paradise

5 Thank Constemac
Ilse S, Social Media Coordinator at Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind note with us. It is thrilling to know we have been able to exceed your expectations with our performance during your stay with us. We appreciate your words about the food, staff and the beauty of our property.

On behalf of all our team members, thank you for choosing Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica; we will be more than happy to host you again on your upcoming trip to Jamaica.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Runaway Bay
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#17 of 61 in Montego Bay

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica? Share your experiences!