Our first time in Jamaica, first time staying at a GBP resort. Jamaica is beautiful and hot! It rained a bit on certain days but never enough to ruin your day.
The resort is large and beautiful. The grounds are nicely manicured. The staff were all very nice and pleasant. They all made a point to say Hello! The rooms are very nice and very large, you have to look past a few minor things. You also have to think about how many people go through that resort in a year. The humidity causes paint to peel faster than normal. Don't let cosmetic things to ruin your vacation.
We booked 3 a la carts but only ate at the Japanese, which was excellent. It was my son's birthday and I was able to order a birthday cake for only $10. It was very good!
All other buffets were very good, plenty of choice all the time. The beach grill was especially delicious, I ate the jerk chicken everyday!
Our children were very happy there, always something to do. The beach is a bit of a walk but worth it. The water was shallow and warm. Lots of little fish to see. There is also an area better suited to snorkelling that we heard was great as well.
We were too tired every evening to make it to an evening show, they start at 9:45 PM every night but we heard they were good. The shopping centre they have at the resort including the lobby shops will provide you with all sorts of goodies if you decide not to leave the resort.
We did leave for a day, hired a driver with JUTA Tours, Damian. He took us to Dunn's River Falls, shopping in Ocho Rios and a drive in the mountains all for $100 for 4 people. He stayed with us the whole time to make sure we were safe. He was great!
The pool was fantastic, very large and clean. The only issue we would suggest the resort take care is the reservation of the pool loungers. It made it very hard to get a seat. We noticed if you asked a pool guy, he would help you find seats. Tips are always appreciated with everyone. They work hard, they deserve it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay