I for the life of me cannot understand any of the negative reviews about this hotel, obviously all written by small narrow minded people. This was my first time in Jamaica and at this resort. The rooms were excellent as was the maid service. The choice of food in the buffet was varied enough to keep you interested and breakfast too had an amazing choice for anyone. I tried the Japanese Tempanyaki, which is a great laugh and great food. The chateaubriand in Don Pablo is to die for, make sure you have it medium rare, it will melt in your mouth. The staff could not have been more friendly, from the front desk all the way down to the beach bar! Donna, Nadyia and Garfield could never help enough, Donna is the queen when it comes to cocktails, try her dirty banana, amazing....
The beach is NOT rocky, it is a sweeping sandy cove extending from the jerk chicken restaurant (the chicken is lovely, and the sauces are hot!) all the way to the beach bar (near the nudist beach) You don't need watershoes, another myth, it is all just lovely golden sands and a shallow cove that you can walk right out into.
The entertainment on the terrace bar in the evening was really good, and if I had a complaint it would be that I wished it could be longer than the one hour it is on for, it doesn't deter people from going to the entertainment area, as this caters for different age groups in my opinion.
Looking to go back in April, as it was that GOOD...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay