Just got back from a family wedding at the Grand Bahia, what a fabulous week! The resort is beautiful, well run and clean. I was with a large group that were scattered throughout the resort and no one had a bad thing to say about their rooms.
The buffet was good, different food themes every night (make sure you try the home made donuts). We ate at four a la carte restaurants; Picasso, The Grill, Dolce Vita and Mikado (we chose the “cooking show” option which was quite entertaining). The food was good in all 3. I do recommend that if you like to eat early that you make your 3 or 4 reservations when you first arrive. Two of our dinners were at 9pm which was a bit of a pain given we were traveling with kids.
I recommend booking your excursions with the folks by the pool, Gina was a terrific help and very friendly. We did a group excursion to Dunns River Falls on the catamaran, what a blast. The climb up the falls is amazing (a bit of a workout), the crew of the catamaran were very entertaining and the snorkeling was terrific. We also took a car into Ocho Rios for shopping, Gina arranged a driver and he was great.
There is nightly entertainment at a shopping complex located within the resort, this is also where the partying takes place after the bars close in the hotel (11pm).
The beach was amazing, plenty big enough and the sand was great. All in all it was a fantastic week. If you are on your way there lucky you and make sure you make the most of the 7 days as they will fly by far to quickly!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TravelUp, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay