We arrived with no problem booking into the hotel. The rooms are fantastic! Our room was in the newer part of the hotel, facing the Sea and overlooking the pool. I realize we got very lucky getting a quiet room away from the all night disco music. We used the safe(and why wouldn't you in a foriegn country). Our fridge was always stocked with cold drinks, water and when I asked for more there was no problem. The only thing that bothered us was in the evening sitting on the patio and having to smell the drugs linger in the air from the vacationers(90% Canadians in this resort) on their patios.
We had four a la Cartes dinners during our stay. Everyone has different tastes so I will not comment on them, but do go to enjoy the experience. I did feel they were understaffed, but are you in a hurry?...you are on vacation! The staff work very hard to please you and we always left a tip. The buffets(2 of them) have a wide variety so everyone will find something they like.
We didn't go to Jamaica to sit around a pool so we spent our time at the beach (large one). Yah,, some days it was hard to find shade but we always did and never did we see anyone ever with out a lounge chair. There are lots of chairs for everyone you just have to be patient to find one. The water is amazing with a warm Carribean breeze.Later in the afternoons we did move to the pool just to experience it but we both agreed the beach was better. We didn't stress ourselves out by trying to "save" a lounge chair every morning and we used our same beach towels replacing them once with clean ones.They don't get dirty and the warm wind dries you off. You only use them to sit on.
We didn't take enough dress clothes along, everyone dresses up in evening(especially for the a la cartes) and we mainly only brought along casual clothes. . This hotel is very classy in the evenings.
Read the entertainment board on the terrace(we didn't discover iit until the last couple days we were there). Everyone moves off the terrace and goes to the showtime area around 10PM that is where the disco, karoke, and nighly entertainment is located.
*Don't use the phones in your room to call home. They charge $3.00/minute. There are $20.00 phone cards available down by the tour operators and you will get 15 mintues of time.
*If you want to buy coffee to bring home, there is a guy in the tour operator room that brings coffee from the Blue Mountain plantation to the hotel(if you preorder with him the day before). He charges 18.00 including a 3.00 delivery fee(for the larger size, but I can't remember if it was for a pound) anyway it is was quite a bit cheaper than in the shops.
*Be responsible for own valuables.
* Be aware that you WILL BE approached to buy drugs, but they take no for an answer
*The vendors are VERY aggressive for a sale, barter with them
*don't bother converting US money to Jamaican we never even used ours, they are quite happy to take american and someone told us at the market they even wanted to take Canadian money
*expect to walk a lot...we loved it but for people who have a difficult time this could be challenging
Well I hope this helps anyone tavelling to beautiful Jamaica. I tried to be as honest as I could with this review. We didn't expect someone to wait on us hand and foot and went with an open mind. This was one of the best romantic holidays we have ever had and can't wait to return. We only took one excursion to Dunn' Falls and they are amazing. Feel free to email if you have questions I would be happy to help you if I can
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelPower and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay