“Magical” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Babashak

Babashak
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Runaway Bay
Babashak
You added Babashak to your Saves list
St. Ann | Salem, Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Runaway Bay B&B and Inns
Hertfordshire
“Magical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

I stayed here for three weeks during the 2007 cricket world cup with a friend. We were very relaxed and was treated as a member of the family. We were looked after very well and I can confirmed that Carla is the best cook in Jamaica. She provided us with some fantastic meal. We had a wonderfull time and would highly recomend Babashak as a place to stay when visiting Jamaica.

Herman

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality

Solo
Business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

This was the bast place I have ever stayed! Relaxed atmosphere, truly a home from home. No regimented times for meals - just as and when. Spotlessly clean and enormous rooms - bigger than I have at home! We didn't even bother to lock our rooms!
Carla, Dave and her family were wonderful and catered for us and our family - my in-laws live locally and Carla took catering for us all - sometimes as many as 20 - in her stride. It was a great place for us to spend time with them and treat them.
After staying there I would say forget the all inclusive hotels and stay in a real Jamaican home - at a fraction of the price.
I wholeheartedly recommend Babashak.

• Liked — Friendly atmosphere, spotlessly clean and fantastic food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank scrabbleshit1
CAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2007

Hi, I am a very seasoned veteran Jamaica traveller. It was my PRIVILEGE to stay on this property in January 07.

Yes it's right on the ocean. Yes the rooms are HUGE. Yes the bathrooms are massive. Yes the rates are way below their value. Yes it's immaculate.

But the reason imo this property is so special is because of it's owners. Carla, David and family are truly wonderful and special people. I'd love to move in permanently!

Don't fear you will be too far away from everything. You can walk to a nearby store (can't imagine what you'd want but you can) etc.

This property is one property away from RDCC.

As Carla was a caterer (Caribbean food) for years in the UK...well what can I say! WOWZA food!!!!!! And again not expensive.

If you want a wonderful experience with a real Jamaican family in a lovely excellent value priced ocean front spot with to dye for food. Try Babashak!!! You won't be unhappy.

I plan on returning here. I am thrilled I found this gem of a spot.

BTW...Thanks Carla and family! Blessings and Respect.

• Liked — vibe, food, owners
  • Disliked — North Coast Beach
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
7 Thank withrespect
Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2006

It was absolutely marvellous.My family and I had a great time,while being pampered and catered to.

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank mellogram
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2006

Perfect setting in the friendliest of company and the most amazing food. Carla and her staff make you feel like one of the family and her children are an advertisement for parenthood! I hadn't realised the beach was that close or as long. After walking 30 minutes I gave up and turned around. It's handy for getting to St Ann's Bay, (including the hosptial that I visited twice and was very impressed by the care received) yet it's so far back from the road it's wonderfully quiet. The food is really exceptional and unusual Jamaican food, almost too much-I had to struggel not to put on weight. A really wonderful time was had by all the family of all ages. I can't wait to return.

Stayed August 2006
5 Thank irene53
philadelphia, pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2006

If you're looking for a great personalized atmosphere, this is the place for you. You feel like one of the family here. The views are spectacular because the backyard is the beach. The food is also excellent and inexpensive. I mean really, where in the U.S can you get a home cooked meal at $5. The cuisine is authentic and you can have your meal oceanside. This is definately one of Jamaica's best kept secrets. Sorry to say that now I'm putting the word out.

• Liked — the family atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — check out B&B's. Don't be afraid to get personal.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends