“First time not at an all inclusive”

Piper's Cove Resort
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Mississauga, Canada
“First time not at an all inclusive”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my 6th time to Jamaica and the first time I didn't stay at an all inclusive resort. Pipers Cove was the perfect place to try this new way of exploring an amazing Island. My room had a small kitchen and the market was a short walk away. I was there from Apr 22nd - 29th so it was during the off season. I made many new friends and plan on visiting often. if you need to escape for peace and quiet whether alone or with friends I highly recommend Piper's Cove.

Room Tip: The studio apts are great but there is not much to look at when sitting on the balcony. Paying a lit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Boney33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Pipers Cove..
I was unsure of renting this villa for 12 wonderful days since I am used the all-inclusive resort experience. I have travelled to Jamaica over 60 times and wanted to really experience the beauty....the tranquility and ambiance of what Jamaica can bring. I can say that Pipers Cove definitely delivered. The gracious owner, Miss Chin was the epitome of what great customer service should be. Her charm and due diligence ensures us that all our needs were met. Her cleaning staff was on point at all times and the grounds were just breath taking. We stayed when the villa was full… and it always felt like we rented the whole property. This is place for solace, privacy and safety. We definitely received more value for our money. It was a blessing to stay here.
Just note, even though the beach view is breath taking... bring swimming shoes, some areas of the beach are quite rocky but to have a private beach area oh well. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Apts on the corner like E! are spacious.... but would recommend the larger rooms facing the sea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Claudine M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at Piper's Cove as a family party of six and what a pleasure it was to be there we could gladly have stayed longer. The staff are friendly and helpful. The accommodation was beautiful and comfortable. We had a relaxing stay and the location was a good base from which to explore the northern coast of Jamaica. Thank you Mrs Chin and all your staff - you were great and we certainly recommend you to anyone we know.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gerald521
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I wrote my first TripAdvisor review after staying at Jewels Dunns River, and though, prior to that visit, I've stayed at Pipers Cove on more than one occasion, it never occurred to me to write a review for this property, so I'm righting a wrong.....

Staying at Pipers Cove is like being at your personal vacation home with maid service. Miss Daisy and her staff go out of their way to ensure your every need is met. Suffice it to say, that if I didn't have the option of staying with friends when I visit Runaway Bay, Pipers Cove is definitely where I would be. The rates are very reasonable and meals are freshly prepared for you (if you didn't want to take advantage of the fully equipped kitchens.) If you're looking for a restful and peaceful vacation, this is the place.

It should be mentioned that due to its relaxing and serene surroundings, Pipers Cove may not be appealing to children. For this reason, it may be especially suitable for adults who want to get away from the daily hustle and bustle. Need I say more?

Room Tip: You can't go wrong in any of the rooms......
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Roni L
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I took ill on my honeymoon last March, 2012. Miss Daisy and her team assisted me & my husband with whatever we needed that was in their possession, ie. rum, lime and even some suggestions. We were unable to continue our stay due to results from the doctors of a nearby clinic Miss Daisy had suggested. We ended our stay without any penalty, a refund for the remainder of the time we had booked and great concern. They constantly check with my husband to see how I was doing. WONDERFUL!! Our Wedding Reception, the FOOD, the ambience, the care..... Wonderful! My husband & I went back in Sept & look 4ward 2 goin again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 2RegularTraveller
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was suprised by some of the reviews. I've stayed at Pipers Cove several times over the past couple of years, the lastest being early October 2012.
Congradulations Surrey Shaz I was there when your wedding took place!

Pipers Cove is not Party Central it is very quaint, quiet and comfortable, not a place for kids; not enough for them to do.
It is a wonderful place to spend time with someone special; works even better if your someone is Jamaican, it will be easier to get out and around and soak up the sun.
The grounds are beauitful and the staff is attentive. The very best thing I like is that at nite I go to sleep and feel safe and secure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MzTerriMarie
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were searching the web reviews for a place to stay at that was close to Flavours Beach. Came across Pipers Cove and the excellent reviews. Booked our room for Jamaica's 50th celebration August 6, 2012. Was the best decision we have ever made. The people, rooms and people are exactly what you would want on your vacation. Ms. Daisy and her crew are so welcoming and are available anytime you need them. We didn't get everyone's names but you might want to hook up with Berres. Need a ride somewhere? He's your man!!

We had a 1 bedroom suite with a requested king size bed. Of all the hotels I have stayed at, this bed was the MOST confortable.

The grounds are well protected with security. The little beach was cleaned daily, and the pool overlooks the beautiful beach and sunsets. Have a look at the pictures I took during our stay.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom apartments are huge and have balconies.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple