Piper's Cove Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Cardiff Hotel & Spa(Runaway Bay)
View Hotel
Silver Creek Resort(Runaway Bay)
Club Ambiance(Runaway Bay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsliving roomjamaican breakfastmy home away from homeapartment stylecurry chickenprivate beach areaan extra bedwedding nightcomfortable roomspleasure of stayingsea viewmoment you arrivepeace and quietsized bedrelaxing stayocho riosvacation spot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have had the pleasure of many visits to Piper's Cove Resort over the past 10-11 years and have reviewed this property previously. I am choosing to review it now because I would like to include recent photos of the changes made to the beach area.

Upon each visit to Piper's Cove, I've rented a one bedroom apartment. The apartments have spacious living/dining areas, kitchenettes, cable t/v, verandahs, and air conditioned bedrooms. The kitchens are minimally stocked with cooking utensils and one only need ask and anything needed will be promptly supplied.

When choosing not to cook, I've ordered from the restaurant menu and have always enjoyed Ms. Verona's cooking. Her curry chicken and fried chicken are my favorites. On our recent visit, Beres was nice enough to share some mangoes. Yum! They were perfectly ripe and delicious.
Two of the reasons I enjoy staying here are the lovely grounds and the seaside setting. The beach is small, but big enough to allow one to get into the sea. It is not an expansive stretch, so if that's important, be aware that the beach is small. On one recent visit, my husband and I did some snorkeling off the beach. It was wonderful and we saw lots of colorful fish and even one impressive looking barracuda! There is a lovely pool and pool deck and the nearby shady verandahs offer nice respite from the sun. Sitting on the upper verandah watching the setting sun is especially enjoyable.
Without exception, every time I've visited this property over the years, there have been upgrades made. Recently, Ms. Chin and her staff have moved the large security fence from the wall by the pool to the rear of the beach area. I love it! The pretty view from the pool has returned and the beach area is somehow more inviting. Tables with thatched roofs for shade have been added and the work done to the beach and wall area continues. It's lovely and the property still feels quite secure.

It always feels like I'm returning home when I visit Piper's Cove, and the cost is always reasonable. Please note that I give it a rating of excellent because of the consistent, caring service provided by the good people there in the comfortable and relaxed accommodations. It is not a five star resort property. Please note also that my opinion is biased. I simply love the place and feel most at home there. I highly recommend it for people who prefer to be a bit away from the busy spots and for those who are not looking for large scale, resort-style happenings, but rather a welcoming home base in Jamaica.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ms.L
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed at Piper's Cove in March 2012; this was my second stay at this property. My inbound to Jamaica was eventful and the folks at Piper's Cove were simply amazing, responding calmly to every frantic call and email I made. The property was uber-quiet, with me having the small beach to myself for several days running. Waking up in my great big comfy bed to the symphony of the rain on the roof and the tide coming in was a lovely reminder that there are still phenomena beyond the control of humans and machines! Every morning it was a cacaphony of birds outside the windows that reminded me it was time for breakfast. The grounds were lovely; I chatted with the gardeners as they worked...incredulous about how they pruned some of the plants within inches of their lives (I forgot Jamaica's growing season is all year round...and not the single season I have in New York!). I prepped small meals in my room and took advantage of the proximal restaurants and other facilities along the coast for dinner every night. The property has a small pool and games available. I heartily recommend Piper's Cove to folks looking for a comfortable and charming place in Jamaica for rest and relaxation. Piper's Cove is also close to lots of amenities and near the main highway that will link to all other parts of the island. As a single traveler, it was refreshing to not have to contend with the entrepreneurs (sex, drugs, and miscellany) who are prevalent in many of the other areas on island. Looking forward to my next trip to Jamaica...and to Piper's Cove!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the rooms adjacent to the beach...sunlight off the sea to wake you in the morning...and drinks on your patio in the evenings as the sounds of the waves lulls you into your reverie.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Xaymacagal
Reviewed May 30, 2012

(Stayed for 1 week in March 2012 for my wedding)

I think this hotel is very hit/miss. The room we stayed in was very comfortable and spacious, great bed and living area and awesome view! I believe it was A1 or A2..something along those lines. However, my parents stayed in a room closer to the front C3 I believe, and the wicker furniture was horrible and very uncomfortable. The kitchens in BOTH rooms lacked the proper kitchen supplies to cook a meal, so we were left with no choice but to buy most of our meals in local resturants.

The pool and swimming area was ok, the grounds were BEAUTIFULLY kept which was awesome for photos! It was a little bit of a walk to the local street, and the dining was limited one you did reach.

I was VERY upset about my wedding day. During the dinner, there was another wedding happening below ours, so they completely shut off our music and we were forced to listen to the other wedding give speeches through my entire dinner...and we were allowed to only play 1 song for our dance? For this reason alone...I would never return and it made my stay horrible because we paid good money to have the wedding there and were obviously not priority to the staff at Pipers Cove.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle J T
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have to agree with Ms. Jitterbug. We did not even stay one night after arriving there. Very outdated and badly in need of interior renovation (broken window handles, dilapidated kitchen sink, peeling paint). They put beds in the living room and beside the kitchen for our daughters to sleep on. One bed just kept sinking lower and lower the longer you sat on it. I also found that the pictures on the internet are old. I also hate to write a bad review as when Latoya heard we wanted to leave she was so gracious about the whole thing. Even offering to phone ahead to a place we were planning to drive to. Then she asked us to please call her to let her know that we arrived safely at our destination! My husband still talks about this. I am glad that so many other people seem to be happy with what Piper's Cove has to offer and are not as picky. I cannot comment on the food or the pool and beach as I never made it that far.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Molly6147
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This review is really hard to write because Daisy is a sweet older woman and her groundskeeper Ferris is a gentle soul of a man, but this property had nothing to offer us. The room was old, out dated and slightly "skeevy" (and mosquito infested). The pool is okay, clean and plenty of sun and beach chairs but the "beach" is 12 feet of pebbly sand leading to a small, rocky inlet just outside of a 8 foot high barbed wire fence. To make things worse, the Decameron, an all inclusive resort, is just across the way so if you do decide to lay at the pool or on the beach you are taunted by your proximity to an actual resort. The only beach that is within walking distance is okay but some of the locals were a little too intimidating for our liking (a local kid came and sat right next to me while eating at Flavours and stared at me and insisted I give him food and would not leave, a little nerve-wracking to say the least). The restaurant there, Flavours, has decent food but be prepared for loud speakers with blaring music. Ocho Rios is a long (30 minutes) cab ride away so unless you've rented a car or want to hire a driver to take you around all day, you're kinda stranded here. Cabs go for $50-100 US depending on a drop off or spending the day with your driver. We did really enjoy Mahogany Beach on our last day.

Again, Daisy is sweet so it's hard to say this but that's what this website is for so we're just being honest and hoping to save future travelers from the disappointment we experienced upon check-in. I reviewed Piper's Cove again on here today and found that a lot of these pictures are out dated even before the barbed wire fence went up around the pool. I have attached some of our photo's for you to look at. Do yourself a favor and find someplace else to stay.

Room Tip: This is NOT a resort hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple