Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Langton, Canada
“"Loved It"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed in the Luxury Bahia Don Pablo Collection on December 14 to December 21, 2013. The rooms were really nice, food was good, service was the best! My husband and I loved this hotel! The staff went out of their way to make you happy. I have never been asked so much if there was anything they could do for us! Richard in the Picasso made sure we had our breakfast favourite eggs benedict, he took great care to provide a great service. (thanks Richard for your great service at the Picasso). Service around the pool was great! We can't wait to go back to this hotel. We have no complaints at all about this resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Don Pablo section, ocean view 23607 it was a beautiful room with a great view.
2 Thank Lisa L
MarvelisS, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Lisa,

Kindly accept Christmas Greetings on behalf of our team.

Let us share our happiness in knowing that through your review you have recognized the exceptional work done by our team during your vacation. Rest assured that your comments will be share with all our staff.
It has been a pleasure to host you and we can not wait to see you again in our Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, a wonderful experience in the Caribbean.

Best regards,

Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (772)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed at the Luxury Bahia Principe Don Pablo Collection between December 14th to December 19th. I stayed in room 23701 and was there with my boyfriend to enjoy a sunny vacation and escape the cold. I was so impressed with the service the hotel offered to the DPC guests. Checking in, we were escorted to a private check in area for DPC guests only.. there was no line up and the check in process was very fast and precise. The lady who checked us in explained to us all the amenities and services the resort offered and took the time to go over it so that we were able to take full advantage of the services we paid for. There was a Don Pablo lounge with unlimited wifi service and a premium bar with excellent service while we waited for a butler to take us to our room. We had requested for a ocean view room on the top floor and was very impressed to know that our request was taken care of before we even arrived. The pool area was beautiful, pool was very clean and the tanning chairs were obviously the nicer high end ones compared to the regular pool area ones. There was a server catering to all our drink needs at all times and we never had to go to the bar ourselves. The beach area was a little disappointing as there was hardly any sand and a very small area to lay in front of the water. We were told later it was a man made beach. The food was amazing. The DPC has it owns buffet breakfast, lunch and dinners. Service was top notch there and there was always a large selection of food. We ate most of our meals in the Palmyra buffet restaurant and had excellent service from all the staff there. Everyone was very friendly and was always attentive to our needs. The front desk had pre booked our a la cartes for us prior to arrival but we had decided to only try the Teppanaki at the Mikado, the Grille and the French Cuisine named Don Pablo. The teppannaki was very medicore as all the foods were sauced bombed and didnt have much variety in taste. We were very impressed with the French cuisine, the selection and display of the food displayed resemblance to a fine dining restaurant. The jerk chicken the resort offered was delicious, we found that there could be better selection of food at the snack bar but the jerk chicken there really made it worth eating. I also went to the DP front desk to ask for candles since it was my bf's birthday but they went above and beyond what I had asked for. Not only did I get candles, they gave my bf a gift bag with two shirts, coffee and a bottle of rum. She also had said she would send a bottle of champagne to our room and when we had returned to our room at night, our room was decorated in candles and petals all over and had a bubble bath ready with decorations and balloons saying happy birthday. I was SO impressed with what Deon had done and this is definitely a memory I will never forget with this resort. I have to say it has been one of the best experiences at a all inclusive resort. If you are looking for impeccable service, people to spoil you on your vacation.. Don Pablo is definitely the resort to go to. A few recognitions to the staff that made it memorable for us: Demar, Deon, Gay Ann, Wayne, Shanika and many more! The day I left Jamaica, I was already missing waking up to these energetic and welcoming staff that made this vacation one to remember.

4 Thank Wannie W
MarvelisS, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Wannie,

We would like to wish you Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

At our Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection we strive to make our guests vacation much more perfect. After all, it is what we are trained to do and it is what we naturally do, today we feel proud to know that we surpass your expectations.

Thank you for your comments and for vacationing with us we hope to see you soon in our Hotel to provide you another wonderful stay.

Best regards,

Marmora, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Somewhat long bus ride but both times the drivers provided lots of history of the island, interesting tips and tidbits and laughs. Checking in was awesome...private lounge, premium drinks, butler (thanks Garey and Ricardo) who took care of a la carte dinner reservations and willing to do ANYTHING to ensure a positive experience. Great room with turndown service each night. Great adults only pool and beach DPC section. Wonderful, well educated, pleasant staff. Beach was a bit of a walk but worth it as the bay was really nice and close to the Jerk Chicken (which was amazing)...overall, I would do Don Pablo Collection again!

Room Tip: We were in 23413...king bed and nice balcony overlooking DPC pool area and ocean
3 Thank Beverly M
Dear Beverly,

We would like to wish you Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Our Hotel takes great pride in offering our guests a luxurious and enjoyable vacation, today we are very happy to know that we were up to par of your expectations during your stay.
Your special mention of our staff will also help to motivate them to continue providing an execeptional services.

It was our pleasure to host you and we look forward to you visiting again in our Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection.

Yours faithfully,

Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

was part of a group on a small vacation, 6 rooms in total. first I arrived to a very busy front desk at the main hotel, but when I gave them my info I was escorted to a private area with a private lounge for check-in which was a breeze. a butler took my luggage to my room and showed me around, the property is huge. my room had breathtaking ocean views, sunsets were amazing. the pool bar for the luxury section is off the charts, very comfy. the restaurants were very easily accessed and the food was delicious. had dinner at the japanese restaurant, very good food. the service all around was great!

Room Tip: good for families, friends and romance.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Eduardo O
MarvelisS, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to wish you Merry Christmas.

At our Luxury Runway Bay Don Pablo Collection we always try to exceed the expectations of our guests and ensure that they are enjoying themselves during their stay; that’s why we are very happy to read that you have had an amazing vacation.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we are looking forward to your return to our Hotel.

Warmest regards,

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Just came back from our vacation in Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection.

OVERALL: Very nice resort - great food selection, large rooms with private balconies. Impressive pool area, good beach. Service in Don Pablo Collection is just superb. Would recommend vacation at Don Pablo Collection to anyone.

TRANSFER: We booked transfer directly through resort website. It was a little bit confusing to find the right representative at the airport, but we managed. The ride to resort took less then 40 minutes (ride back was an hour and 10 minutes - which is normal i guess), my husband told me to close my eyes and not to look, but somehow we got to resort safe:-)

CHECK-IN: OMG - it was just great, we got our luggage of the bus, mentioned to security that we are checking in into DPC and they sent butler right away. Butler walked us to the DPC lounge, where they offered us a cold towel and glass of champagne. Everything was prepared - room and dinning reservations just as we requested by e-mail.

ROOM: We stayed at 24504 - very quiet room, large/private balcony, ocean view. Room was cleaned everyday, plus we had turned down service every night. No problems there.

BEACH: We expected a little bit more, to be honest, It is a 5-7 minutes walk from building 24,
bring water shoes, it's not all sandy, there are some rocks, especially if you go snorkeling.
Also, be careful leaving staff on the beach, we got our water shoes stolen one morning.. Not a big deal, you can but replacement for $10.00 in the souvenir shop.

POOL: Don Pablo exclusive area is amazing - and we are not pool people, we prefer to spend our time on the beach, In this resort - we got spoiled: exclusive adults only area, great service, premium drinks, close to our building... I want to go back:-)

DRINKS: We are wine drinkers - resort does not have a good wine selection, just average quality, even in Don Pablo... But it was fine. Other drinks were great - premium vodka, cognac, gin - no complains, Drinks were good in both Don Pablo pool bar and lounge, we ordered couple cocktails in lobby's bar - they were very good too. On the beach drinks were not that good, we limited ourselves to beer and white wine - no mixes..

FOOD: Very good - word of advice - go to Picasso for breakfast, it is air conditioned, nice background music, choice of buffet or a la cart, fresh squeezed juices and UNBELIEVABLE service. Richard (breakfast supervisor) is the best!!!! We ate in Don Pablo restaurant twice (loved it both times), Mikado twice (did not like food or service both times, maybe because we are spoiled of what good sushi and hibachi is), Garden Grill and Picasso for dinner were just fine. We did not try Dolce Vita and we went to buffet only once on Friday for lobster dinner. Lobster dinner was great. For lunch - as everybody says - jerk chicken bar is the best,
Only complain that I have is that there is almost no food around 4pm (all restaurants are closed and snack bar on the beach was almost out of any food).

DAILY ACTIVITIES: None existed... There is a schedule by Towel Hut at the pool, but entertainment team did not initiate them.. No water polo, or volleyball (beach or pool). I think if was a bingo game once or twice, but that's all.
For us it was the biggest disappointment, for these who are not interested in such activities - it should not be a big deal

ENTERTAINMENT: Good for Caribbean resorts - I guess you saw it once, you saw it all - that type of a deal, very similar to what you would find in other resorts. We did not go to Karaoke or Disco.

DON PABLO LOUNGE: The highlight of the day! After day on the sun - such a relaxing place, great ambiance, premium drinks, great service and high-speed internet,

CHECK-OUT: No problem, mon!!!

TIPS:
1. Send your room and dinning reservations requests by e-mail before you go or call..
2. If you go on the beach - step in to the lounge in the morning to get a bottle of water. They provide them on the pool, but not on the beach
3. Remember that you can change towels at the lounge, so if Towel Hut is out of towels, go to the lounge.
4. Do not leave valuables on the beach - it is considered public property and resort is not responsible if anything gets stolen.
5. If you have mobility issues - think twice about going to the resort, it's huge and beach area is a long walk from the hotel
6. The most important - bring your positive attitude and you will enjoy the vacation.

Room Tip: request your room in advance by e-mail: say if you want ocean view, what floor, quiet and so on, Bui...
7 Thank lana094
Customer Servic... B, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection. Our main idea is to provide our guests more than they ever dream during their vacation; we are always seeking the ultimate in pampering our guests.

We deeply value your recommendation to other possible travelers and cannot wait to serve you again in our Hotel on upcoming trips to Jamaica.

Warm regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I went on the week of December 1 - 8.

Weather was about 28 - 30 degrees Celsius.

The resort itself seems to be run down and a lot older than the other Bahia Principe locations.

Resort:
I was in the Don Pablo section, which is the luxury adults only section. The only problem with being in this section is that our room was on the opposite side of the beach, and we'd have to walk about 10 minutes to get to the beach with sand, or we can walk 2 minutes to get to the beach with rocks... which isn't ideal if you don't have water shoes.
My wife and I stayed poolside almost the entire trip due to this reason.

Room:
There was nothing that really stood out in this room, we got 2 double beds when we asked for a king, the bell boy did tell us to talk to the front desk, but we ended up getting lazy since we already unpacked.
One weird thing was that there was a window from the washroom to the sleeping area... and the curtains were on the side of the sleeping area... so, if I wasn't married, and I wanted to see a girl naked, all I'd have to do is invite them to use my washroom and peak through the window, not that I would do that...lmao

Staff:
They were all friendly, I mainly kept to myself this trip, so I didn't get many interactions with them

Food:
Buffet: Again nothing special, the freshly grilled food was always the best, you just have to be patient if there's a line up of people. We did have lobster one night
A La Carts:
We went to the Japanese Teppanyaki, Grill and Don Pablo's. These were the same restaurant as the other Bahia Principe.
Grill (forgot the name) - The Steak was supurb
Teppanyaki - there's no actual menu, they basically cook the food in front of you, then you can just say yes or no to food
Don Pablo's - Didn't really stand out to me... I even forgot what I ate... which is kinda weird for me

Gym: The Gym was run down. There is a gym guy there, and I saw him instruct a bigger lady in her 50s on advanced ab work out... all I can think about while watching is how she's going to be really sore for the rest of her vacation...

Final Thoughts:

I had a good time, relaxing, but if I had the choice, I probably wouldn't go again, only because I found "Couples Swept Away" soo much better, and I'd rather pay the extra few hundred dollars to go back there.

4 Thank Jacky T
Dear Jacky,

It is wonderful when we hear that our guests have had a relaxing and a good time in our Hotel. We also appreciate to know the areas you have considered should be improved. I would like kindly inform you that we have already discussed your observations to our team and some measures will be taken so that we can continue providing our guests the superb service they deserve.

Thank you for your comments. It has been a pleasure to host you and we hope you can give us the opportunity to host you again.

Cordial greetings,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Just got home and wish I could go back! This place is filled with Canadians like us! The Karaoke is the funnest part for a singer like myself and the weather all though not always sunny it was very warm. The staff is great the food is amazing make sure to go to Don Pablo Restaurant as the chateau brion is the tasty steak you will ever have!! I would go back in a heart beat! The only down side of the entire trip was the day we had to leave. This was my first all inclusive but definitely not the last!

Room Tip: 23707 great room great view!
4 Thank Nathanstokes
Customer Servic... B, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are thrilling reading your remarks about your experience in our Resort. We are delighted to know that we were able to satisfy your expectations; we really appreciate your positive comments about some of our services, especially our delicious “Chateaubriand dish “at our Don Pablo Restaurant.

We have felt honored to being chosen as your hosts for your vacation and will be more than happy to host you again in your next trip to Jamaica.

Warm regards,

Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,931 reviews

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!