“Highlight of our vacation”

Jamaica Scuba Divers Ltd.
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Runaway Bay
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I have been diving together for decades and now have children who we are introducing to the sport, two of them are certified by inexperienced and the 3rd we wanted to do a resort dive program. We had trouble finding a dive shop who would accomodate our needs. They all wanted to force all of the kids to do a resort program, even the two who are already certified, and then wanted us to seperate and do different dives so they could try to sell a bigger dive package to those of with the experience to handle it. Jamaica Scuba Divers was the only place who was willing to work with us to do a small, simple dive for the whole family together. They gave our daughter a resort dive lesson and did a check out refresher for the boys due to thier limited experience. My husband and I were there and could watch the whole time, no leaving our teenage daughter alone with a stranger.
They picked us up from our villa and even offered to stop at a grocery store on the way home so that we did not have to pay a taxi to take us back out. Next time we are in Jamaica, we will skip the ads and just call Jamaica Scuba Divers.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've probably done 200 dives in Jamaica over the past 30 years. As a matter of fact, my wife and I first dove with Fruiti after Gilbert struck in 1988. It was great to hook up with him again because I knew what to expect - fun, interesting and safe dives. My college age kids (who weren't born when we first went diving with Fruiti) could feel the confidence I had in the entire dive shop. Christian and David did a nice job with equipment, shuttles and skipper duties. If you are diving Runaway Bay area I would reccomend this group over Scubaquatic at Bahia Resort. (My gear got ripped off there last year and I've since heard that it is not an uncommon occurence at Scubaquatic.)
There is no substitute for experience, safety and history. If you are staying anywhere between Ochi and Discovery Bay, this is the shop to use.
Brian G

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I am been diving for over 35 yrs. and Jamaica Scuba Divers I would have to say was one of the best run organizations I have been with. My 10 yr. old niece had never been in the ocean and they were very warm, friendly, and accommodating yet very well organized and as thorough as you can get. They made my trip to Jamaica a very memorable one. 5 thumbs up to Christian and his entire team.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

What a great experience for my son and I! It was a little tricky to get a time scheduled, but after that we received personalized instruction from dedicated instructors. They pointed out lionfish, a sea cucumber, and a stingray underwater. Fruity and Junior's calm demenors rubbed off on us in the pool and once we started to dive. It was a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend it for families (my son is 11).

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was my 3rd scuba trip, but for some reason, I freaked out a little once I was in the water. Juno really helped me calm down and get down to the reef and have fun! I saw a lionfish, huge moray eel, and sea pearls.

1  Thank Rnburleson