We have just returned from a 2 week holiday at the RDCC and have to say what a fantastic hotel. What made it even more special is that we got married here too and our family from the UK (28 in total - the biggest wedding party they have ever had) came out and joined us for our special day.
We arrived late that evening after a 1 1/2 hour coach ride to the hotel but once we arrived everything was "ire" The reception staff were lovely especially Natoyer she was the happiest out of all of them and always gave us help when we needed it and always with a smile.
The cottage we stayed in wasn't the one we asked for but we made the most of it and really didn't mind in the end as it was nice and clean with fresh towels to hand. When we woke the following morning, we thought we had died and gone to heaven as the beach and resort was breath taking. We had breakfast over looking the sea listening to the reggae music in the background. How lovely.
A big thank you to Ann the wedding co-ordinator. She made our day magical. She arranged everything right down to the best mans shirt in which we had forgotten in the UK!!! The photographer Paul had one of his assistance capture the day on camera and a fantastic DVD was made which I am so pleased with. The photos are stunning I have to say and so vibrant with colour. Thank you Ann for making our day so special.
We would like to thank the staff/chefs in all the restaurants at the resort. They made us feel so welcome and they do such a fantastic job working from 7am - 2pm most evenings. Unfortunately, not everyone was polite back to them, which we all found really rude. These guys are here to take care of us all and they do a brilliant job. On some occasions, we all felt quite embarrassed with some of the people staying at the resort because they were just down right ignorant.
The food at the Pick a Pepper restaurant was fantastic morning noon and night. It was tasty, plentiful and varied each day. We were not to keen on the food at the Jasmine Delta a la carte but the food at Nyamings Jamaican Fusion Restaurant was absolutely superb.
The entertainment crew were absolutely fantastic. We were entertained day and night with different themes/acts and games in which the audience took part in. My husband and his sis won the beer drinking competition and she also won the battle of the sexes!!! A big YO to Rocky, Sadeka, O'Neil, Maria and Ofello. You guys ROCK!!!
Big YO to the young lady that gave us our beach towels each morning. She was always smiling and giving us jokes!!
We visited Dunn's River and Bob Marley 'shome, which was brilliant. I recommend it to all.
And of course the famous George at the Beach Bar Jetty Bar. You are the man!!! Shame we didn't get a chance to say goodbye before leaving.
All in all everyone in our party really loved the RDCC and we all didn’t' want to leave but hopeful some of us will return in years to come. I know we will. My mum lives on the island, stayed with us at the hotel, and has said how wonderful it was and intends staying for a long weekend in the near future.
I find it hard to find any fault with this hotel at all apart from the air conditioning, which I think they need to replace in all cottages. How others can say this hotel is awful is beyond me as we found it to be paradise.
If anyone wants any more info about the RDCC or on our wedding, please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Nuff Respect RDCC!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica