My wife and I stayed here Jan 16-21, 2005 had a great time. This was our first trip to Jamaica (and not the last!) Our first night we did not get the ocean-view cabana we had reserved, but got a nice suite back in the gardens, heard the birds singing that we would not have heard from our oceanview room which was also excellent, right on the beach, listen to the waves at night! The staff were great, friendly, helpful, most looked like they were having a good time trying to help us have a good time. The food was great, different things each night at the buffet, lots of variety and healthful things to choose from, lots of Jamaican specialties we had never tried before, restaraunt was also first class. The bars on the beach were great, lots of fruity tropical drinks to try! We rented a car to enjoy independence and go where we wanted when we wanted, this is not recommended for the faint hearted, the roads are winding and narrow and full of potholes, always expect oncoming traffic on your side of the road (the left) on the bends! There was no shortage of taxis and tours and hotel staff would help arrange this.
It did appear that rooms were overbooked and they offered free upgrade to the Montego Bay Royal Deacameron, we were glad we got our room and once there had a great time, wouldn't give it up for anything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica