This resort overall was good. Food was good except
the scrambled eggs in the morning but you could get them fixed in other ways(sunnyside up, over light etc.) or they would make you an omelet.
Entertainment was ok and the staff for the most
part were friendly.
During our entire stay there was no hot water in either the men's or women's bathroom near the buffet restaurant and the air hand dryer did not function. Also after the first day the hand towel roll was not replaced and you could not dry your hands. And at one point the dryer was torn from the wall. it was put back up the next day.
I do think that that the problems with the restroom facilities should have been taken care of sooner since the manager used those same facilities twice while i was using them and had to know of the problems.
The ocean view cottage we had was nice and the cleaning staff did an excellent job.
The service at the bar was below average from
most of the bartenders with the exception of Melissa who was right on top of things if you went to the bar when she worked.
There is no US currency ATM on the premises and the closest one is around the corner from the resort
and only dispenses Jamaican currency. This is an issue they should address as well as the reluctance of the desk staff to change bills for you.
The grounds were well kept and most of the other visitors were very friendly and repeat visitors from
England,Australia, Germany, Ireland and Austria which made for a great mixture. The Germans were very friendly and are not afraid to party.
The on-site trio's playing music were very good.
They offer a good variety of water sports and also
pool aerobics. We never felt uncomfortable during our entire stay.
You get your money's worth here for the most part.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica