We celebrated our wedding anniversary here at the end of March. Had a great time.
Our room was right on the beach front, it was like a little house. We could lie in bed and see the waves lapping a few feet from our window. When the the wind was strong and the sea was rough it could be quite noisy when trying to sleep, but overall lovely. It was clean and fairly modern. We had a huge comfy bed. There was a nice flat screen TV opposite the bed but we never turned it on. Sadly no coffee or tea facilities in the room. We had to pay a small amount to use the safety deposit box.
The beach was OK. Plenty of sun loungers. We were near the Jetty bar which was great.
The restaurants were good, plenty of food and excellent variety. Good choice of drinks were always available.
Service was good and most of the staff were really helpful. The entertainment was OK but we're not very good at being entertained and preferred to seek out the quieter spots.
There was a lot of French holiday makers around who were OK most of the time, but they did seem a bit arrogant and sometimes rude to restaurant staff.
I did find the smokers really annoying. It wasn't bad enough to stop me from going back, but if you have paid for a holiday expecting to smell fresh sea air and my own body basted in sun cream... then some some selfish idiot blowing fag smoke over the beach was aggravating.
We visited Dunn's Falls, Mystic Mountain and Dolphin Cove, all brilliant. There is loads left for us to do next time around.
Can't wait to go back. Jamaica is brill. People are lovely. The Thomson Dreamliner 787 was awesome, so quiet and comfy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica