Before you book any holiday, ask yourself what would make it special. If you want peace and quiet, a good selection of excellent food and drink with friendly helpful staff, in beautifully maintained gardens and unique individual rustic cottages, then you would be very hard pushed to find anywhere more perfect than the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean in Runaway Bay. We have just returned from our 9th consecutive yearly trip and of course we have already booked for our 10th visit next year.
This hotel is ideal for couples who are mature enough to make their own entertainment or for families with children aged 10 or under as there is a good Kids Club. However if you are seeking wild excitement or need to be entertained 24/7 we would suggest looking elsewhere as there is not a lot of this available here, thank goodness!
With regard to comments in other revues concerning the influx of French, it is rumoured that the ongoing arrangement is coming to an end this year. Hopefully this is true but if not, there is still plenty of room on the site to avoid them.
Although tipping is not supposed to happen, it is nice to reward the staff that help to make your holiday special, whether in the restaurants, the bars, or the cleaners. At the very least ,a please and thankyou go a long way to make them feel appreciated, unlike the French who appear to be very arrogant and ignorant in this respect.
As far as the trips go, there is a wide variety to choose from, but we would definitely not recommend the shopping trip to Ochos Rios as this is probably the biggest rip off of them all.
We hope that our comments have been helpful and if you do come to this resort you will be as pleased with it as we are. Would you return to the same place year after year if it wasn't really special?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica