Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
$323
BahiaPrincipe
$482
$273
  • Breakfast included
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
$387
BahiaPrincipe
  • Breakfast included
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
$512
$483
  • Breakfast included
Club Ambiance(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
$165
  • Breakfast included
Franklyn D. Resort & Spa(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
$455
Silver Creek Resort(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
$90
Cardiff Hotel & Spa(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
$132
$129
Travelocity
Piper's Cove Resort(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
$107
$85
4,044 results
All reviewsjetty barthe cottagesgarden cottagejasmine deltabeach attendantsdunns riveradult poolquiet poolwalk in wardrobemain barentertainment staffthree starnine mileholiday makersgreat holidayglass bottom boatjamaican restaurant
Reviewed March 23, 2014

o my god how do we end up here we where put in the court yard rooms very dark and damp with no air .WE complained on first day but front desk staff no help at all we offered to pay to get to a hut or to a different hotel but no help from front desk from rep it took a whole week to move to a different hotel by that time I had a bad chest from sleeping in a damp room .If you are a none smoker this is not a place for you so many people smoke even at dinner we would go back to are rooms at night with the smell of smoke all around.The workers do try to sell you drugs younger people be ware .but but but on a good note the food is top class a lot of the staff are top class but you can not walk any were it is not safe to do so beaches very good if you like sitting on a beach all day

Room Tip: do not stay in the court yard rooms they should be knocked down
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dmillardginger54
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed with wife and family for 2 weeks and had a blast. Great rooms in the gardens, ideal for younger kids and a great location for all the attractions of Ocho Rios 30 minutes away.
Food was varied and well presented and the staff were excellent.
Been to Jamaica 6 times previously and always stayed in this location, Negril well worth the long journey to visit and dont miss Ricks Cafe and the cliff divers. While in the area do Dunns River Falls , swim with dolphins and stroll round Ocho Rios.
All in all a great holiday.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chrisnlil
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My partner and I were very concerned after reading reviews regarding the overbooking issue that had been occurring since January. I emailed the hotel prior to our arrival to confirm 'What we paid for and accommodation expectations' we had paid the extra for a beach cottage. We were not disappointed and had a perfect cottage on the beachside. We never had anyone asking us to change hotel but met people that had been approached, so there is definitely a problem, but you have the option to refuse, however it seems to happen after the first week, so some people were happy to spend the second week in Montego Bay with an up-graded room with complimentary trips and spa treatments.

The resort is at the moment 60% French but there are still plenty of British and Americans enjoying themselves. We met some fantastic people and had loads of fun. The entertainment was a bit annoying at times but you can get away from it if it is not your thing. It is worth mentioning that this was our first visit, but we met many people that visited every year so it really is a fantastic place.

Our cottage was very spacious and clean - the cleaners come in every day and leave clean towels and bedding. The beach was cleaned every day and the beach attendants and lifeguards are so friendly and proud of their island, they are happy to talk to you about their life in the hills.

We could not fault the food in the main restaurant, always good quality and a wide variety. Water is constantly refilled and again the table staff are friendly and polite. The speciality restaurants are a disappointment and probably not worth the effort of getting up at 5am to book a table.

The snack bar is a nice change for lunch and very good quality. The jetty bar is a great place to get away from the noise and watch a beautiful sunset.

The non motorised water sports are all free and a ride on the hobi-craft is definitely worth a go. Beach towels can be changed as many times as you wish each day.

We will be looking to return next year, this is a lovely relaxing holiday for those who do not want rows of balconies/corridors/lifts etc.

Room Tip: We had a beach cottage but this cost more. The garden cottages are lovely as well. The courtyard rooms apparently were not good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lesleyann11
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My 17 year old son and I stayed at the RDC from the 10th to the 25th February 2014. First impressions of the hotel were good, until we checked in....Now, I had booked a garden room and upon arrival, was told that the hotel was overbooked and that we were to be put into a Royal suite until we could be moved two days later. I was not impressed. The Royal suite was nothing close to Royal and being a bit old fashioned, I expected to get what I had paid for! If you were French, no problem - you got it. English, Canadian, American and any other were mucked about and to be honest, this was unacceptable. I spoke with "Carlos" and made my feelings clear. We were offered a choice of three rooms on day three and finally moved and unpacked. I find this sort of thing really annoying as I saved for two years to afford this holiday. It really cast a shadow hence the average rating. Sort it out Decameron!
Luckily, the resort itself is it's saving grace. The four beaches are lovely and completely private. The food wasn't fancy, but what the chefs created was abundant and well done. No complaints there. The chocolate cake was to die for!
We went on lots of trips - Rafting on the Martha Brae, Nine Mile, the local market in Ocho Rios and the best, Dolphin Cove. Fabulous experiences. One word of warning - don't ever book with a man that goes by the name of "Uncle Bob" - He will try and rip you off with over charging for his taxi. Luckily, I didn't give in to his demands but i suspect that others may have not been so confident!
The staff were lovely, always smiling and happy and willing to help or just even have a chat.
Big up for Nathan (fab gardener!) and Dave (front of house) who was quite lovely.
I would go back but only if I was guaranteed what I paid for.

Room Tip: We had room 78, second back from the beach - perfect
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank lwright18
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Me and my hubby stayed at this hotel 20 febuary for 2 weeks 2014 . Well what a great hotel .we had a garden cottage new really lovely All the staff and maids are so friendly and make you so welcome food is great wot I think really good is the rolls and sandwich for lunch time are really nice and fresh you can have tuna chicken with salad it to hot some times for warm food . Beach is really nice and clean please rember to give a small tip to waiters and maids that work so hard every day we did . We went on the raft trip really nice relaxing Also we did the waterfall also great on the last 3 days the manager asked us if we would like to go to Montego bay Glad we did for a change it was 15 mint from airport . We had a lovely sea view on second floor really nice beach was really nices hotel was nice but staff was nothink like runaway bay also food was good but not as much to offer as runaway bay The animation are really bad thay need to get a new team this hotel good for a couple off days only we was ok but would like it for the 2 weeks the staff and food are much better at runaway bay it a shame cose Montego bay would be nice if the staff was friendly . I hope this help you all have a great hoilday here

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple