“Wonderful holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
“Wonderful holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2004

I agree with all those who can't understand the poor reviews for this location - I have recently returned from a week's holiday with friends & we had a wonderful time. Food was excellent, plenty of choice even for vegetarians & vegans! The people were helpful, happy and full of rhythmn, something you can't say for most of our customer services over here. We stayed in one of the Garden Cottages which was cleaned every day with fresh water left in our fridge. I would definitely go back. In fact, I'm on my way now.........

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (878)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2004

First of all this is Jamaica, Not America!!, this place was great, Dont be put off by these reviews, Yes there are women walking around topless in thongs, i only saw young women, so what! my wife said she wished she was as brave! its the carribean!And smoking Wow a few guys smoking after their meal, big deal, i never had a problem! What i do think is, people copy of other review complaints because there bored! If you dont like 3 star pay for 5 star, and stop moaning.The food is great, the beach was clean, and yes there is a beach, if your worried look at one of the links above! to view the hotel.I am going back next year! and i would honestly say book this place, you wont be disapointed!came back Late Jan 2004!! *****

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2004

The resort itself is pretty nice, but when we got there they said they were going to upgrade us to a suite, ok, fine, we did that-it was alright, not the worst, but not an ocean view. Well the first night we got there and we took showers, everything was fine, second night and from then on, we ran out of water every single night for 6 days in a row. It was always in the evening and when we told them they would say they knew and a pipe broke, but no problem they would say and in an hour or two they would have it back up and running. So other then that, I can't complain, the wheather was perfect and the drinks were good!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2004

This resort is exceptional. The people who work there, make it that way. I have just returned from a two-week vacation and enjoyed it thoroughly. From the daily activities around the pool or beach to dancing and playing pool in the disco till the wee hours of the morning. This is not a five star resort so if you go with those intentions you will be disappointed, go with an open mind and heart and listen to the people and music and you too will feel the mystic. Thanks Carlene, Roxianna, Kenisha, Eddie, Kemrod, Jason and Dewayne for opening my heart and making me smile. I will never forget. "The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed" - believe me at this resort there will be no wasted days or nights. Maggie Robson

• Stayed December 2005
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Magrock
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2004

Royal Decameron is a three star resort and it gets three stars from me.
For those who are upset with it I suggest next time pay a "little" more and go to a "Sandals" resort. We paid a good price and had a good vacation there (January 2004). There are a few things one should consider before going there, especially americans. There are lots of europeans, meaning: 1) Yes, they smoke everywhere. Forget american non-smoking paradise - you sit in the restaurant and at the next table there are 4 germans smoking 5 sigarets simultaneously... Non-smoking section is VERY small and is in the worst part of the restaurant.
2) Yes, europeans bathe topless. I personally do not mind that, but I do not think that it is appropriate for children, plus most of the topless women are of retiremen age, so brace yourselves!

The service there is somewhat slow, if you want a wake up call - make sure you show up personally at the front desk and they get your room number and wake up time right, otherwise there will be no call. When we checked in I noticed that AC is broken. I called them up and they send people to replace it the same day. Two very nice guys showed up, but what they did left a deep impression on me and will be haunting me for a long time, I think. :) They put a smaller unit in the AC opening and closed the remaining of the opening with a piece of wood and plastic.
They did not have a saw, so the hammered out a piece from 2x4, they also hammered in screws to hold their construction. Home improvement is my hobby, so I could not stop myself from laughing when I saw their masterpiece. But I guess it gave me a sample of the local mentality and was quite an interestiing experience watching them doing that.

Bottomline - RDCC is a nice place to stay if you are not used to a royal treatment, otherwise choose Sandals over it. We liked our vacation.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2004

We arrived on January 21st. We had requested something on the beach but what we got was `upgraded' to a suite that had only one king-size bed (we wanted two singles),the safe in the room was broken, the shower sprayed water everywhere but on you,etc. We did not have a very pleasant experience at this resort.Basically it was what you would call a `dump'.The only positive thing about it was the fact that it was on the beach. On the second day we dicovered that they were overbooked due to a wedding and we volunteered to go to another resort which was a 5 star. The 5 star was wonderful! My advice is to spend the extra money and go to a nicer resort if you truly want to enjoy your vacation.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2004

My wife and I, and our 3 year old son Charlie, got back this week from 2 weeks at the Royal Decameron, and we miss the place already! The food was out of this world, the entertainment crew friendly and enthusiatistic, and the accomodation comfortable and cleaned regularly.
I really can't understand why people are giving a poor review for this place, we absolutely loved it. Have these people really been to this resort? Trust me you will love it here. If you want to ask me any questions please feel free to mail me.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Royal Decameron Montego Beach
Royal Decameron Montego Beach
#20 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,107 reviews

Been to Royal Decameron Club Caribbean? Share your experiences!