We've just returned from the RDCC and feel we have to put other potential holiday makers minds at rest.
The hotel is a 3 star which is advertised and we feel it is deserved - although a 4 star could be quite possible if coffee making facilities and a mini fridge were included in the rooms.
The staff are exceptionally friendly and do their best to keep you entertained and looked after. The hotel itself is kept beautifully clean and has a lovely layout for a small resort. It's constantly being improved upon facially too.
The room we had was a spacious single floor hut with a jacuzzi bath right next to the stage area and although we could hear the entertainment going on outside whilst getting ready it certainly wasn't a problem to us (who wants to sit in a room when all that's going on right outside your front door right?)
Other couples who we met there had rooms in a much quieter area of the resort so these are certainly available to those who don't like too much noise.
The buffet was ample and although there were times when we weren't taken too much with what was on offer we know it was kept at the correct temperature and the hygiene was a1 so we certainly wouldn't be getting sick.
The entertainment was good with some shows better than others although the resident band were excellent and got the crowds going.
There's a unique jetty bar which is a little quieter apart from when the animation crew go there to entertain the french guests at around 7pm each evening.
Talking of french guests... although we didn't have a problem personally with them we did notice how rude they were to the staff (no please or thankyou's) and they weren't afraid of taking over your table and tutting at you if they felt they had more rights there than you. We just took it in our stride and stayed pleasant (I'm sure this irked them more than if we were rude back).
I'm not sure if we would go back to Jamaica as I personally prefer the DR as far as hotel facilities go but I would certainly reccomend it as a first holiday there.
One more thing... we went in February for my 40th birthday and it just happens to be rainy season - which it did - a lot!
I think I've covered the main areas but feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions and I'll try to answer them for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica