Arrived New Years Eve, check in was busy, but staff tried to process everyone as fast as they could, very welcome refreshing drink when we got there.
Rooms were a little rustic but clean and had satellite TV, aircon, ceiling fan, and a fridge in the first room we had. We changed rooms due to noise in the night, there were no problems changing. We were in a lower numbered room and ended up at the quieter side of the complex, along with complimentary champagne and fruit.
Food was plentiful and varied. My wife is a coeliac, so eating is always a concern. The chef came out to walk us through what was safe and what wasn't, result was great, no dietary issues throughout the holiday. I also heard of no-one who had any kind of the upset stomach we all seem to get on holidays to Egypt or the Mediterranean.
The only area we thought weak were the alcoholic drinks, generally they seemed to be alcohol free. Appletons and Overproof from the shop definitely contained alcohol.
The staff were always helpful, and I have to agree with Debbieg from Motherwell, Princess Lisa and Scooby were the best.
Met some good people there and enjoyed a wedding as witnesses.
Went on a few trips, out in a catamaran, reef snorkelling and then up Dunns River Falls-had a great day. Horse riding in the sea was good fun. Bike riding down the Blue Mountains, very long coach trip there - over 4 hours - possibly a bit long for what the trip was, (but it was better for us than for the woman with us who couldn't ride a bike). Trips cost $80-$100 each.
Bit of a queue at the airport, VIP tickets get you past most of it, they also get you into a VIP lounge with snacks, hot and cold drinks and a free bar. It also seemed to be the only part of the airport with aircon. Watch out for baggage weight on way home - bags fine on way from UK, same bags, same contents minus disposable stuff - 4Kg over, $100. There's also a $22 each tax to pay to get out.
Overall we really enjoyed the hotel and Jamaica and would recommend this hotel to anyone. We're booking again to go back in September.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica