Me and my boyfriend travelled here on 24/11/12 until 08/11/12. When we first arrived we were greeted with a rum punch cocktail, then headed to our room. My first impression on the room was great the biggest bed iv ever stayed in. Our first 2 days there was quite a bhig rain storm (hell load of rain) some of the cottages were flooded but ours didnt. We stayed in one of the garden cottages and had the peacocks visit everyday.
In the morning we went to breakfast and walked along the beach. The beach is nice but when you look and think of the carribean you picture clear blue seas and white sand. Its a shame this place doesnt have this. As being on the north coast it gets quite rough which the sea was while we stayed and only 2/3 days could we go out snorkelling or glass bottom boat.
The jettys again have had a slight battering, we were told hurricane sandy did a lot of damage as the jettys had collapsed in the sea and the rails had come off. Again this made the place look very run down. The far beach by the delta jasmine restaurant was closed as well due to the hurricane nocking the roof tiles off.
As for the food wednesday and Saturdays is Jamaican night and the food is amazing!! curried goat, jerk pork and chicken loads of post i managed to put on 10lbs whist here and the food was great! Breakfast changed I loved the breakfast sausage chipolata and mushroom and cheese roll. Drinks were great loads of cocktails and rum punch.
Whilst staying here we did a few different trips. the bob marley 9 mile. This was great (wouldnt take kids) you see a lot and drink a few bob marley shots.
appleton rum factory with YS falls and black river - this trip was my favourite the rum tour was fantastic with loads of rum to try out. The falls was lovely and blue with a rope swing and the black river was amazing you are on here as the sun sets so can get some amazing pictures.
blue mountain bike ride - for the cost of this excurtion i wouldnt recomend the ride down was good but for 112$ its a little pricey.
dunns river - this was a good trip, however I thing they have added man made bits around the falls for thiopse who find it hard to walk up.
The people in Jamaica are so friendly so I dont believe you would be in trouble if you were to leave the resort. I just loved buying everything out there, is so much wood and lovely necklaces and ornaments.
**one thing I did not like about this hotel was the fun club - there young jamaicans - these guys are rude. we were by one of the beach venders and a girl came up from the fun club and just took something from them and gave it to a guest without paying and shouted "you got a problem ill go tell management".
Again when you play bingo with these guys they take the things you win like the necklaces and wooden ornaments from the beach venders (who have spent hours making them to SELL) so please if you do visit go and see them and buy something help them out there by the jetty bar.
Overall lovely hotel and great staff Shane who works in the restaurant is a lovely and chatty man! I would probably not go back here as it did look a little run down unfortunately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica