Returned yesterday after a 2 week stay. This is a great and enjoyable place to stay.
The staff and the chalets are superb.
The staff are really friendly and helpful. You can always talk to them, have a joke with them and ask them advise on Jamaican matters. Some favourites were Scooby, Greg, Kerry Anne and Tanisha. Also liked the 2 waiters in the restaurant bit unfortunately too much booze meant I forgot their names. One constructive comment is aimed at the few, whom I guess to be managers and they seem to want to be a bit too above themselves to make an effort to talk to guests.
The chalets are generally circular self contained units with one big bedroom, bathroom and wardrobe / store room. There is a flat screen TV. The chalets are well maintained and cleaned. True its not modern decor but this is a 3 star hotel.
The food is generally very good. It is varied and usually follows themed menus. The Nyamings restaurant provides a change from the buffet / main restaurant and yet again nothing but praise. There is always a choice and bound to be something that even the most choosey could eat. Stay around at 11pm and try the proper burgers! There is also a free shuttle bus to the Funclub Decameron and there is a Japanese restaurant, which is also excellent.
The main attraction of Jamaica is the beaches and here there are 3 coves.....all sandy and with various spots to hide in the shade. Lovely blue sea!
There are 2 pool areas which are next to bars. A smaller and quieter Adults only pool is pleasant. The main pool is adequate but I suggest the Hotel should consider improving the pool as it looks very dated!!
Liked to visit the Jetty bar in the late afternoon, where the very pleasant Tanisha never seemed to let my glass empty!!! Nice talking to Mr P ( an elderly gent who enthralled me for hours on cricket and football).
The Entertainments team make sure there is something going on, whether its volley ball, dominoes or a music quiz.. The live music was good and usually the "cabaret" after the live music was also very good. Another constructive comment would be the choice of music played by the team, who wanted to play Gangnam style and other similar genre of music to an audience who probably wanted something a bit more varied and more contemporary. Possibly this is the reason the Disco didnt have more than 10 guests in the room!!! Scooby, Crazy, One drop ( how did he get that nickname?) and Nemo .......Great characters! Nemo is a master MC!! Nearly forgot to mention the trio who played at lunch and early evening..... real Calypso charm consisting of a guitar, beat box and maraccas.
First choice Rep, Amaril is superb!!!! Excellent welcome and though I did have a complaint about an excursion which was really a minor complaint. She dealt with this efficiently and provided a solution which I was not expecting.
In conclusion, other reviewers have some negative comments as I have............but you have to remember this is a 3 star hotel oozing Jamaican charm and character not a 5 star expensive concrete palace!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Hotwire so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica