Club Ambiance
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Silver Creek Resort(Runaway Bay)
View Hotel
Cardiff Hotel & Spa(Runaway Bay)
View Hotel
Franklyn D. Resort & Spa(Runaway Bay)
View Hotel
Piper's Cove Resort(Runaway Bay)
1,390 results
All reviewsgilbert blackwoodhoneymoon suitesmall resortstar resortfeel freenightly entertainmentbeach areabeach towelsrecommend this resortjamaicavacationbandcoupleshammockscaribbeanrummama
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We have been to Club Ambiance twice – once in January 2013, and we just returned (January, 2014). We love Club Ambiance. It is not 5 star and the food gets a little boring, but it is clean, relaxing, and friendly. The breakfast is delicious. We were confused reading some of the reviews regarding “lifestyle” and nude sunbathing, etc. There are 3 beaches – nude, clothing optional, and “prude” – the pool area is also clothing optional. We only saw nude sunbathers on the nude beach. And there were no more than 8 people there on any given day. No one walks around nude outside of the beach and we certainly did not see any inappropriate behavior. People are very friendly yet if you want to be left alone that is easy to do also. Our room was on the pool side – 2nd floor and we loved it. We had hot water, good water pressure, and no issues with the room. The beds are hard and the pillows small, but again it is not a 5 star resort. We asked for extra pillows and got them right away. We think there is plenty of partying if you want to, but we go just to reconnect and relax and it is very easy to do at Club Ambiance! We hope to return every year.

Room Tip: Pool Side - 2nd floor - Rooms 55 - 58 are probably best for location/view. The individual rooms do vary so we don't know for sure about the interior of each room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank CherPav
ClubAmbianceJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your room, the food and our friendly staff.

We take pride in exceeding our guest expectations and, always anticipate to satisfying their need.
We are excited that you choose us again for your accommodation, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have stayed at many different holiday resorts in Jamaica over the years , but have returned to Club Ambiance three times in recent years. Club Ambience has proven to be the most relaxing and memorable time of them all. The daily entertainments, the friendly hard-working staff and excellent food, was always something to look forward to each time. I have always found the experience excellent and the atmosphere ideal for my needs. ,
I have had the pleasure in meeting Mr. Blackwood who has always been kind and helpful in every way. I am now planning my next visit to Jamaica and because of the warmth and welcoming staff of Club Ambiance, it will be my choice for my next visit..

Alison. UK.

Alison

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alimac58
ClubAmbianceJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hi guest,
Thanks for your review. Happy you found our atmosphere ideal for your relaxation.
For our namesake the "ambiance" is still here! and we are most appreciative of our friendly and hardworking staff, which is our main asset in delivering quality service to our guest.
We do look forward in welcoming you, as we anticipate your speedy return to the Resort of your choice, Club Ambiance!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This trip was about our 10 visit to Club Ambience and we have stuck with them through their changes because of Mr Gilbert Blackwood and his staff they have given us an enjoyable,relaxing and personable experience. So we would recommend the hotel to anyone who wants to have a personable Jamaican allinclusive experience

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank naydheabb
ClubAmbianceJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for offering your valued review, and in the same breath for your sucking with us through our changes. Happy that you did have an enjoyable,relaxed and personable experience. This means a lot to us.

Looking forward for your speedy return and for all those friends you recommend!
Thanks again.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

For our 5th trip to Jamaica my husband and I chose this small 3* resort based on the reviews and we weren't disappointed! The staff and food were excellent, the beach(es) are very small which we knew before we went, but they are also very shallow. This meant that swimming wasn't really possible since the ocean inside the break-walls is only about knee deep! Having expressed that one real disappointment, let me say that the snorkeling is absolutely fantastic especially if you go outside the break-walls, but even in the shallows there was always something to see; puffer fish, rays, barracuda, eels, crabs of all kinds, corals and more brightly coloured fish than could be counted.... if you love to dive/snorkel you won't be disappointed here! The staff was as good as everyone has previously written about, but what isn't really mentioned is that the staff are encouraged to interact with the guests, participate in the entertainment (all staff included!), and they all go out of their way to make the guest feel comfortable. Front-line staff have very good working relationships with their supervisors and that makes them relaxed and happy, which only makes the guests' stay more enjoyable. None of the staff expected a tip for anything, but tips are appreciated! That they genuinely have a good time in their jobs says a lot about how this resort is run! Yes it's older, kind of run down, the plumbing needs some help, but because of the reviews we read we were prepared. Management did go out of their way to get things corrected/fixed if there was a problem in a room. We didn't see any ants at all in our room (no bugs at all in fact) and we were on a ground floor by the pool. The food is all buffet style and the buffets are small, but there was always something good and the chefs, cooks, servers will go out of their way to make you a part of their culinary planning - the chef even offered to give me a coat to let me work with him in HIS kitchen! Thanks to: Joel & Jennifer - the security staff who welcomed us & kept us safe; Melanie, Oral, Phillip, Richard, Everton - the stellar & very entertaining bar staff; Kemar, Leroy & Anthony - the excellent pool/beach/water sports crew; Chris - a very quiet, but most accommodating bicycle tour guide/"Jack of All Trades"; Lisa - our morning omelet lady, Nathalie, Julia, Timothy (also bar staff) and all the chefs/cooks, servers and dining staff that made our meals pleasant; A special thank you to our very lovely housekeeping staff for Rm 36 - I got hugs when we left! Storm & Omar - you're wonderful! TIP: make a point to meet Gibbs - he's one of the most hard-working folks that you almost never see on the night shift! I haven't named every one of the staff here because I'm out of space - again our thanks!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank Melinda P

Hi Guest,

I was overwhelmed when I read your review, and was happy to know you love our little resort.
We know that our beaches are small in size, but we do make up for it in the breathtaking scenery of our natural corals and beautiful fishes.
Our staff again mentioned can not be overlooked. They are our most valuable asset and we say that without any uncertainty. Their quality customer services delivered is always appreciated by our guest.
Thank you guest for giving us your feed back, and in the same breath being an advocate to our resort. Looking forward in seeing you soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is one of the hardest reviews I have written but I hope to give an honest opinion of this resort. We stayed for one weekend in the sun and that was the best part.

This is a small resort...only 90 rooms. If you are looking for low key entertainment, this is for you.
Décor is dated but very clean! I want to emphasize that it is clean even if worn out looking.

Rooms are spacious but beds are super hard. Bathrooms were huge! Two wicker sofas with a nice balcony was very nice.

Staff was very helpful and kind. Lots of staff around to help with anything. Lots of bartenders so you never wait for a drink.

The beach...well there really isn't one so if that is a must have, then please do not stop here.

Food was bland. No imagination and they run out of everything. We went out to dinner after the first night so I was ok with the breakfast (eggs, pancakes, cereal and fruit) and salads for lunch.

I think it priced just right for what you get...a room in Jamaica with a very nice staff but so-so food, drink and entertainment.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Deluxe for the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple