“Most Relaxing Vacation”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Aurora, Illinois
“Most Relaxing Vacation”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Small facility with not allot of things going on. But that is what we where after. Food was very good, drinks where great and plentiful and the views from the second room where beautiful.

Facility is pretty run down and we had to be moved for a plumbing problem halfway through the week and the staff was very accommodating.

Once we accepted the rundown conditions, we really started to enjoy ourselves and had one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever been on.

The man made beach left a little to be desired.

The staff is what makes this place and it has real potential.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Soccerburn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Carrollton, Virginia
Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you are looking for a serious getaway for a true adult adventure than this is for you... Some might say that it wasn't a 5 star location but I beg to differ because the staff made up for any problems that you may have thought you had with the rooms. The scenery in my suite was the greatest! And to my family Martino who is from Jamaica who made this trip just that much better, "Thank you, thank you, thank you"!! You deserve a 5 star rating all yourself. I kinda loved it that the beach wasn't crowded because it made me feel that much more free to relax and enjoy myself. Overall I have to rate Club Ambiance a 5! This was my first time in Jamaica and I will surely be returning... Oh yeah, the food was excellent!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank saliomusic
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Second time in Jamaica and if this was the only resort in Jamaica I would never go back! Bought thru a Groupon. The staff ARE VER NICE! The property has great potential and the best thing I liked was ALL ADULTS. Unfortunaltely the resort needs a lot of work, it's old, food is jus ok....no restaurants on site to eat at besides the main dining. Horribly my friend girls checked in to find ants or something in the bed, they moved us to another room to Sind them in bed and bathroom and by this time coming 1100 miles I was on TEN! I asked them for a suite at their expense and they put us in there and the night before we left....ants were in bathroom and who knows where else. I was so happy to end my vacation from that stay. Like I said good potential but it needs an overhaul.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Cindy M
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed August 7, 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing time, this is the hotel to go for an inexpensive price. As a Resident, I found that the food was good, hotel clean and staff were friendly. However, the small, man-made beach was not exciting and so I never went. Spent the time relaxing with hubby, walking the grounds or visiting the nearby attractions such as Green Grotto caves which is about 5 mins away, Dolphin Cove and Dunns River falls which meant driving to Ocho Rios. A time well-spent and I would definitely go back just for a time of relaxation.

Room Tip: Go for the Honeymoon Suite, room 3
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed July 19, 2013

4 of us (sister and bro inlaw, and a girlfriend) stayed for 9 days over memorial weekend and beyond. Hotel is nice, Staff is awesome. We met some wonderful new friends. Hotel was pretty much empty but it is the slow season for Jamaica. Food was abundant, and a good variety. Jamaican cuisine at the buffets, but burgers, fries, bacon sandwiches, etc available from the grill. And yes Omar the Chef makes a mean omelette. "big sexy day"!! Being as this was my first trip, I had nothing to compare it too, so I was very happy with the beach and the resort. Storm and Omar were great at trying to keep us entertained, All the bartenders were very accomodating. Did manage to climb Dunns falls, and swim in the glistening lagoon, two things I would strongly reccomend. The evening entertainment - 4 Real Boys band was GREAT, we danced almost every night they played. Again the staff was very attentive but it could have been due to lack of guests. I went for a relaxing, fun vacation away from kids and that is what I got. Even though there were not many guests, our rooms were on the back side of resort, and we were never offered an upgrade. Other reviews say they were offered an upgrade for free without even asking. I did slip at the resort and cut my arm pretty bad, and the staff fell short of providing adequate first aid after the fall, but then suggested the next day I spend hours at the ER to get treatment. Too little, Too late. With that being said, I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST that NO ONE PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THE RESORT GIFT SHOP. Harry the owner is over bearing, AND EVERYTHING IN HIS SHOP CAN BE PURCHASED FROM THE AIRPORT VENDORS WHEN YOU ARE LEAVING JAMAICA, FOR LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE he charges in his shop. He also owns the "Jewelry Store" at the resort as well. Again, I STRONGLY SUGGEST NOT PURCHASING ANYTHING AT THAT SHOP AS WELL. Harry hounded me the entire time I was there, about an Emerald and Diamond ring that had caught my eye. On the day of my departure, I went into the jewlery store to talk to him about the ring. The initial price that he gave me was triple what I actually ended up paying for the ring, but the hour of haggling with him before the purchase was exhausting, and after several fake phone calls to someone, at the last minute, he agreed to accept my very gracious offer. I paid part in cash and charged a portion of the price to my cc. Before I had even gotten off the flight to my final destination, (7 hours later) an Emerald stone had fallen out of my new ring. I notified him in writing, including pictures, letting him know what had happened, and that an estimate I had gotten to replace and reset the stone was slightly more than the amt that had been charged to my cc. I asked him to do the right thing and refund or reverse the amt that had been charged to my cc, to pay to fix my brand new ring. He CHOSE not to acknowledge my request, nor to reverse or refund the amt that had been charged to my cc, therefore prooving he is not a professional nor a good business man, but a con man that preys on trusting tourists. SHAME ON YOU HARRY. I GAVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE THIS RIGHT, AND YOU CHOSE TO IGNORE THE SITUATION. SO HERE'S TO YOU... AND I HOPE EVERYONE TAKES MY ADVISE AND DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE CHANCE TO RIP THEM OFF LIKE YOU DID ME. It is sad that Club Ambiance has to be assoociated with this type of businessman, and that their guests need to be warned of his business tactics.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
14 Thank Azracegirl
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went here for a birthday gift from my mom and it was a shock to me and her that there was only three ppl not including the staff at the whole resort, although the staff is very nice you have to pull teeth to get them to show you some excitement. during the day it is so boring at night things open up but the food was nasty and I didn't have any phone service so I could take pics and could only use my laptop to oovoo my mom by sitting in the lobby. I think the fact that they charge so little for a all inclusive resort should of been the clue. Mom says she thought she was getting a deal because she got the gift from groupon.com. the whole weekend there was three ppl at the resort it was just crazy. Honestly they should close, there is no life in this resort. I am blessed that I love me so the trip was not a bust because I made sure to have fun. what they should do but I know they can't afford to do it is give my money back that would be GREAT!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank YoungTravelor94
Camden, Maine
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We got a groupon deal for a few nights here. All in all it was nice. Mostly couples at this location. The beach is nothing to write home about, but they have a bike ride to the public beach and you can swim and enjoy the sea there for about an hour. Just understand that it is a public beach so you will have vendors offering you stuff, it was annoying to me only bc the beach at CA is not really great so I really didn't want to waster my hour warding off vendors when I really just wanted to swim. Back to the resort...Food was great, I have been to MoBay before but this food just tasted better, seemed more authentic as opposed to tourist type food. The rooms, were ok, we got the standard room, when I vacation I basically sleep in my room so all the fancy suite stuff I can take or leave especially since i went with one of my girls and not my husband/boyfriend/significant other. One of the reviews said think HoJo's for the room-i concur. Drinks were great, the bar tenders were always friendly, as were all of the staff. The resort is small and not a lot of ppl were there so it made it great for us, we relaxed, there were no crowds/lines for anything, it was just great. If you want more razzle dazzle I wouldn't suggest this location, but if you like quiet time, good food, good service, sun and an ok beach...find the groupon and have a vacation. *also I gave value pretty high, bc again I got a groupon for for like $250 per person the value was EXCELLENT. :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends