“Great Time at Club Ambiance!!!”
Review of Club Ambiance

Club Ambiance
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I went with a friend over New Year's Eve and we have nothing but good things to say about Club Ambiance!! After reading reviews we knew it would be an older resort without any fancy bells and whistles, and that's exactly what it is. However the rooms were clean and the air conditioning worked and that's all we needed!! The resort is fairly small (about 90 rooms), which we liked because we got to know a lot of people staying there. And as many reviews have said... the staff are INCREDIBLE!!! Without the help of Sharika at the tour desk, I wouldn't have been able to go diving as my original dive plan fell through and she pulled as many strings as possible to get another company on the property in 15 minutes!! As it's a small resort you get to know the staff and I have nothing but good things to say about the entertainment crew (Storm is an absolute gem!!) the bartenders (Junior knew my drink on the second day!), the cooks (noone cooks better than Mama!!) and the wait staff (Princess's smile always made me smile!). Because it is a smaller resort they may not have as much variety for food, drinks and activities as other resorts, however I found that we always had things to do, I was pleased with all the meals, and the drinks were always cold and tasty! I would highly recommend this resort... however if you're looking for 5* and loads of people... this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Erin T

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My friend and I stayed during the Christmas/New Year holiday. Enjoyed every minute and was able to unwind and relax. The staff is what makes Club Ambiance. From the moment I arrived the staff knew my name and made sure that I had a wonderful stay. The food service as 1st rate and I was not disappointed. I will be returning and making this place a yearly event.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms near the Pool area for the best views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank Donna F
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Just returned from our second visit to CA. Overall is is a wonderful vacation, the people are amazing and we loved our time there. Martino our waiter was amazing, Storm on the entertainment crew kept us laughing. Joseph and Garrett the lifeguards were non stop fun for us. We noticed some changes from our previous visit and the new ownership. The front desk personnel were not very helpful, would not take my American Express card even though they do take it, no one could make change unless we got all Jamaican dollars. The property needs a full facelift but the people make it nice. The water pressure was much better in the shower in the room by the pool and not so much in the room by the hot tub. Would recommend taking your own snacks as the "grill" area was not open as much as it should have been. Christmas day was wonderful, santa arrived in a boat and he had gifts for everyone. We will return but hope the new owner will consider some updates and the happiness of their employees and not just the bottom line for them.

Room Tip: Get a room by the pool. Water pressure is much better. Get to the meals early, can be hectic.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Scubagal19
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I just got back from Club Ambiance in Jamaica and we fell in love. It's a small resort with great food and views, but more importantly the BEST service/staff. Everyone there was absolutely wonderful. They are by far the warmest, friendliest people we have ever come across. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with smiling, happy faces. The bartenders were hilarious, very attentive and fun to be around. The entertainment staff, Omar and Storm were AMAZING....dancing with guests, making us feel at home, providing great entertainment. The house band was awesome! I can't say enough great things about this place. If you are looking for a 5 star, huge resort this is not the place for you. But if you're looking for a nice relaxing getaway with GREAT food, GREAT people and lots to do, this is the place for you! My boyfriend and I are already talking about when we will go back! I have been home for two days and already missing it terribly!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank Tiffany R
Reviewed December 2, 2012

awesome staff and everyone is very helpful and friendly! the food got boring after the third day but i understand they don't have the variety like we do in Canada. It was prepared well and always had spice and flavour, just a lot of chicken and fish. The rooms were outdated, but that's what you get for a 3.5 star. beds could have been softer but that's personal preference. The day we arrived we didn't have any water in our room, and the clock on the wall had no battery. it took the staff about a day to turn the water on. overall it's a good place if you're looking for something small and quaint. private beach. if you don't want to spend a lot of time in your room, the staff will encourage you to have a blast! nice and relaxing, overall.

Room Tip: the rooms by the pool are quiet. most of the activities are on the other side of the hotel, so it...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Weve been twice to this little resort, and had a WONDERFUL time. The staff were always wonderful, the rooms immaculate, and food divine! A Great Value for the all inclusive deal. We enjoyed the consistent entertainment available each day & night, the last trip, we never even left the resort.
I would recommend this place for couples, singles, & adult friends- not really for the kiddos ;)
*Rumor has it that Club Ambiance has changed ownership & management since our trip there last year- so we are HOPING, it's still just as great, for our 3rd trip coming up

Room Tip: Go for the 'Honeymoon Suite' whether it's your honeymoon or not, its large & lovely...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Kimberly K
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was our 5th trip in as many years. And while we knew about the new owners and management, we decided to try it one more time. Yes some of the longtime bar staff were let go, but our favorites are still there. The waitstaff was pretty much the same with a few changes. They are training more bar staff and wait staff at the moment. The food was excellent as always...only difference was the burgers were done inside at the omelet station. There was 1 Saturday night, when the resort had 15+ walk ins for the day, including 1 group of 10, where the entire ham joint was gone within 30 minutes. We were told at 7:30 that if we wanted to eat, we could always come in earlier. This was 30 minutes after the buffet opened. Needless to say, it is a bit annoying when you miss out on food and there are plates FULL on another table that the customers don't eat. PLEASE don't take more then you will eat. A little waste is to be expected, but this was an enormous portion of the ham that could have been eaten by the rest of the guests. (This large group came down the next morning, ate all the bread and then checked out not liking the resort). Entertainment was normal with the exception of the cabaret singer, which wasnt there. They had crab racing only once a week, and the real deal dancers were there on saturdays. There was a new singer, but she is on maternity leave and Dave is back.
Every day work was being done....painting, re weaving the shade umbrellas, fixing the fence surrounding the nude beach, etc.

All in all we had a fantastic holiday. The staff that has been there through all our visits were happy to have us back and the new staff was as good as anyone who has ever worked there. Looking forward to booking my next trip.

Room Tip: West wing rooms are our favorite. They are further away from the road so quieter to road noise earl...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!