“marriage made in heaven”
Review of Club Ambiance

Club Ambiance
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed October 28, 2003

Our purpose of going to Jamaica was solely to get married. I didn't know what to expect of the place, and was slightly disappointed with first impressions. We spent 2 weeks there in July 2003, got married on the 4th July 2003. Jasmine who organised the wedding was very unapproachable and did not spend any time with us to make us feel special. It was however not like a conveyer belt as I had been previously told. Gary the photographer was excellent and the photos proved that. The entertainment staff were excellent my new husband got known as 'top man' from Neil and Chris. Don't know what happened to Shawna during our stay rumours were she was sacked for telling that fat awful man who keep touching her up what she thought of him.The rooms were kept very clean and Jackie our maid was really friendly. However patio door never shut and after numerous attempts to fix it I think he gave up. Bar staff were verrrrry verrrry slow, often making customers wait a long time before serving them. No Problem. Hey mon.The overall holiday was excellent but if I'm honest that was made by the people we met. Definately made the holiday. The coconut bar shuts too early 11pm then after that all you've got is the dark and dingy Safri nightclub, which is open till two. But when the weather is rather hot it is not nice been stuck in that club. We thought we'd cracked by just getting the drinks in there and then staying outside by the bar, however if no-one stays in the safri club the bar tenders shut up early. Not what you want when you want another drink before 2 am.A must drink is the 150% proof rum, Damien got me rather drunk in spin the bottle on a very rainy day... missed the Mr Club Ambiance competion on the night.Venturing out of the complex is definately not recommended, my husband and me walked down to the crossroad to use the cashpoint, it was so frightening, being pestered all the time for smoke!!Mind you our knuckles were white when we arrived back and needed a few vodkas to calm the nerves.By the way I still have not got my marriage certificate 4 months after returning. Jasmine told me 6 weeks.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
Reviewed October 26, 2003

My husband and I have recently returned from our two week honeymoon at Club Ambiance, Jamaica and it was the worst holiday we have ever experienced.

The hotel is a joke, it is dirty in general, the food is awful, you get very little variation, if you stay for two weeks you'll know exactly what you are eating in your second week as the food is the same. It does not cater for vegetarians at all, unless you choose to eat lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber for your holiday.

Whilst we were there we had the priviledge of tasting three of the rooms at the hotel and all were as bad as each other, our first room even had live wires hanging out the walls right next to the air conditioning unit, and all three rooms were generally dirty and in serious need of updating.

The hotel was built back in the 1970's and you can certainly tell this as soon as you pull outside.

I certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

I will say that the staff were excellent and were all wonderfully polite at all times, even down to the to Groundsmen and the Cleaning ladies they were all lovely.

You will also enjoy the beach it is a very quaint little beach but still plenty of room for a man made beach (it should be nice now as they were digging it up whilst we were there!). The pool is also very good a nice decent size.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 16, 2003

Well i thought the hotel was great the overall package was fine the food was overall very good i personally have only one problem with the club ambiance and that was that the hotel manager told to many lies ( he said he would get the england game on sattelitte for us ) he lied he never got it we would not have minded we had arranged to go to a local bar to watch it but cause he said no problem and that he would deffinatly get it we trusted him.. THE STAFF WERE ALL GREAT BUT THE HOTEL MANAGER GETS A BIG THUMBS DOWN The ganja rocks and the drinks flow and and the food was ok............ YEAHHHHHHHH MONNNNNN

• Stayed: October 2003
Reviewed October 8, 2003

we had a great time in club ambiance, the room was large and clean although the bathroom was a bit dated and the air conditioning was very noisy. the food was good although it did get a bit boring towards the end of our stay. it was always fresh and hot though which was good.the drinks all tasted the same but again they were nice. the entertainment was ok. the beach is tiny but the snorkelling was fun and the pool was always clean and not busy. we were lucky enough to hire a car for 3 days which was brilliant, although we were told it was not advisable we had no problems. we drove down to the south of the island and stayed in a place called treaure beach which was beautiful. the south of the island is less touristy, we visted some wonderful places and will definately return here next year. as for club ambiance it was great if you like that all inclusive feel and we had a good time although i doubt if we will return.

2  Thank lozzy1966
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2003

Yes I did take my trip, and it was the best money I have ever spent in my life. My trip was from Sat. Sept. 20-23,2003. My best friend Debra and I went, and we had a blast. From the time that we landed everything was in order. We got through customs and immigration and someone was there to direct us to the counter to get our tour bus to the resort.
The ride was there was beautiful. When we arrived and checked in, Margarita the front desk clerk made us feel so welcome and comfortable, not to mention the rum punch that greeted us at the front desk by a lovely bell hop named Winston. He showed us to our room, which did over look the ocean, and lovely scenery, and within fifteen minutes we were in our swimsuits hitting the private beach. We instantly made friends with two couples from London, and had a blast with them. The food was excellent every night, no complaints at all. Seasoned to perfection, and the drinks were not watered down, and each one came served with a smile. On Sunday, we hired a JUTA driver to show us the sights and take us snorkeling, although we could of done it with the resort, we wanted to see sights first hand and not be rushed. I got my hair done there at the spa, and Heather did such a nice job for me. It is two weeks and a day since we left Jamaica and my braids are still in, I received so many compliments on them. What can I say, the live shows were lively and very entertaining. Especially the amazing princess Dionne who limboed under a bar on fire that was about 12 inches off of the ground.
Damian the head of entertainment had the resort rocking to his tunes, Neal, and Shawna also did a fabulous job, in getting crowd participation. With all that said, it should be of no shock to you that we plan on going back in six months. Club Ambiance has met every expectation that we had. Club Ambiance is the middle class five star resort! It was not to loud, the staff was not stuck up at all, the food tasted as if my Mom was in the kitchen cooking everyday, (and that is pretty damn good!). I am sending my parents there before the end of the year, and my sisters and sister-in-law and I will be going next spring.
The weather was even perfect for us, at night we were relaxing and swinging in hammocks underneath the Milky Way, yes the freaking Milky Way in the sky. I have never in my life seen it before, except for in science books, and there it was in plain view. It is one of Jamaica's best kept secrets. We witnessed a couple from UK, get married there, and if God so sees fit, I too will go back to Club Ambiance and marry the man I met there. Shawna, Heather, Sharene, Jasmine, Desmond H., Neal and Damian are worth their weight in gold, very genuine and very nice. Thanks again, and have fun.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Manchester,England
Reviewed September 29, 2003

Me and my husband spent 3 weeks at club ambiance last october and anyone that can't have a fantastic holiday there should give it up as a bad job. we were made to feel so at home everyone was so friendly and could'nt do enough for you.It was the holiday of our lives and we will be going back.

Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed September 28, 2003

I have just returned from my honeymoon at Club Ambiance. I did a lot of research before planning my trip and both my husband and I decided that we needed rest and relaxation after the stress of planning our wedding.
Club Ambiance was our ticket! We were extremely impressed at the staff, remembering our names, knowing our drinks and overall politeness. The beach area was perfect for tanning, relaxing in the cove on a float or just reading a good book. The entertainment through the hotel was good.
They had something planned everyday. We really enjoyed the food. There was a neat selection of delecacies to tempt every palate. And do take advantage of the Terrace Grill reservation dinner. It was well worth it. We had a wonderful time at Club Ambiance and we hope that more people will realize what a fantastic surprise this place really is!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!