“Very down to earth!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Montreal
“Very down to earth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Club ambiance was awesome! Be sure to ask for the honeymoon suite! You will not be disappointed! Great views, the food was good no complaints!

Great staff!

Will return one day!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank goescape

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Fernandina Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was a great experience!! We loved the staff and everyone we met. Very friendly environment and great jamaican food! We are already planning our next visit. NOT a 5 star, plush luxury resort...so if that is your thing Club Ambiance is not for you. There is no room service (note below) It is by no means lacking in entertainment & ambiance. A small intimate setting, no lines no waiting & the Rum flows freely... as well as the Tequila! It is dated but beautiful, clean and comfortable. Truly a Jamaican experience. I cannot begin to name all the wonderful staff that make this such a wonderful place... I think of them now as extended family.
Bike tours, snorkeling, cooking & dance class, games, entertainment. Get involved or be a spectator it is all fun.
Club Ambiance is like "Cheers" where everyone knows your name.

Room Tip: Look at map on website and ask according to your preference. it is very small & everything is cl...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Julie C
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

This resort was so much more than I expected. The staff was outstanding! I have traveled extensively to the Carribbean and this trip was #1 in my book. The entertainment staff was wonderful! Energetic, imaginative and inclusive! Thank you Geary for making my time special. Thank you Storm and Omar as well! Great job!!!!

Room Tip: The second floor balcony rooms have the best views
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Donna C
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have to say that I was a bit skeptical at first but it was good, the food was great, the alcohol could have been better. The resort has everything for your comfort that you don't have to get out to do anything else. Games, shows, and theres even a night club on the premises. I enjoyed it.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Nicky M
Northern, N.B
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here, just got home this morning, We met so many amazing people. A trip is what you make of it whereever one travels. This trip was amazing great atmosphere. We have stayed at every star rating 3 to 5 star. They all have their advantages and disadvantages!!!!!
Such good vibes here, would love to return back to this special place.

Room Tip: This an an average hotel, but then again we are average people!!! we were room 42 at the pool, I a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank freezin!!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

I have been to ca 6 times since 2007 I love the place and when I was there in december I said I was going to write a review urging return guests,due to not being in brochures (it can still be booked through travel agents you brits). Unfortunately my friend made a complaint about 2 staff members last year . As much as I love ambiance I can see it for what it is . Unfortunately due to prices rising I won't be going this year (and will see what next year brings). I will be browsing other hotels in the area for now to see the price , I will miss ambiance but having been given "special returners rate ". of £94 sterling. A night for may this year its too much , it was £58 last year .so I am really sad at not going but its not worth that . I try to go twice a year but will give it a miss at that price

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank buryb
Long Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

I found the resort to be quaint and fun! The resort is old but intimate. Yes it could use an upgrade for sure. I see folks said there was mold and dirty. I found the resort to be very clean and did not see any mold. My room was at the pool and I loved the set up of the rooms around the resort. I didn't spend much time in my room anyway. I prefer the small intimate nature of the resort. In a large resort you can be anywhere once inside cause they are all the same, big and impersonal. I love to travel and yes the oldness of the resort did throw me off but the staff and the fun I had made up for it in spades. The resort is designed to give you great views. If you want to experience Jamaica go, but if you just want good food and to be entertained in luxury then you can hit any other 5-star resort as to me they are all the same cause once inside you could be in any country. Club Ambiance is special and not everyone will enjoy the simplistic vibe. Great party place! I partied with the locals whom I found to be very friendly! I made a lot of local friends. All of the staff knew me by name even if I did not remember theirs. I found the staff to be very accomadating and helpful. Yes the resort feeds their staff and it did not bother me a bit. I will be back. I enjoyed the food and drinks. the liquor is not top shelf but all inclusive rarely does include top shelf anything. Not the eating was my top priority. The house band was great. Entertainement could be better. I would have preferred to have less games and more shows for the guests, but I did win a prize in the guest participation game! The games did allow you to meet other guests which is nice. I went on my birthday and let me tell you they made sure I had the best birthday! Nigel made me a special birthday drink. I did the bike ride with Chris daily and had a blast! Just a shout out to Jr, Phillip, and my baby Lovell,Toni - you still owe me :-) and all the staff. I will see you again soon!!! Ire!

Room Tip: stay in the Honeymoonm suite or villas.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
Jewel Paradise Cove Resort & Spa Runaway Bay, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!