“Worst choice on our trip” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tamarind Tree Resort

Tamarind Tree Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Runaway Bay
Tamarind Tree Resort
You added Tamarind Tree Resort to your Saves list
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Berlin, Germany
“Worst choice on our trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

We took this hotel only as we arrived late this evening and there were not even a few options to stay overnight. We had two rooms, in one we had a huge cockroach. The service guy came, saw, hit the cockroach and left. No other room was provided and the hotel was not fully booked at all. The hotel pool was so dirty we were not ready to jump in The hotel is directly besides an electricity station and located directly at the main street, so you should have a deep sleep to ignore these noises.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manchester, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2007

Having booked our stay on line and had many conversations with the staff at Tamarind Tree we were ready to spend a week at what we considered to be a reasonable price of 78USD. We had stayed at the Tamarind Tree in 2001 and although the hotel was a little basic it suited our needs. We have family living in St Ann and so most of our time would be spent visiting.
On this occasion we were told that there had been improvements in decor and the basic standards had been upgraded. We however after booking in, asked if it were possible to get something to eat from the restaurant and was told that the restaurant was closed for refurbishment. Never mind there was to be no food available but even a cup of tea or cafe was not available. The "hotel" had not changed one bit and we were absolutely appalled by the misinformation we received. An absolute nightmare. The staffs were of no help and I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Stayed April 2007
9 Thank Nevs43
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2007

We had a lovely stay at this quaint little establishment. This was our first trip to Jamaica and we heard about this spot from friends who had discovered it a few years ago. It is a family run hotel, about a 5 minute walk from the beach. The atmosphere is very serene. The staff is incredibly friendly. Our room was adorable. I would definitely go back.

• Liked — It was cute and the owners are friendly and knowledgeable about the area
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank NYCtravellady
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2004

I enjoyed my weekend at Tamarind Tree Resort.
And i belive my associates share the same view as well. We were well taken care of and excellent service was shown. The only thing that i will recommend for this resort is that more entertainment be provided especialy for young people like myself.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2004

After spending a month online researching for economical hotels that were above standarad, I was amazed to find The Tamarind Tree Resort. The Tamarind Tree Hotel is a cozy, family run establishment that is centrally located in one of Jamaica's best kept secret destinations: Runaway Bay! (I was surprised to see a few all-inclusive super clubs spring up right down the road next to the Tamarind Tree Hotel which has been around for years.) Thanks to the internet because if you weren't part of a lucky group of people, the only way to find out about this gem is through word of mouth. The Tamarind Tree Resort is an established hotel in Runaway Bay. Their location is exclusive, quiet, cozy safe and central to the other adjoining and at times overpriced expensive super resorts. I was surprised and happy to be able to walk right down the road to check out all the oother commercial resorts in the area. And then head back to my private, quiet cozy hotel to enjoy my stay and plan for the next day. ( I really saved a huge amount of money compared to all the hotels in that area. So with more money available, I was able to see and experience more of jamaica.) I know this is funny, but you know Jamaica is known for sun and sunhine so at times you just want to lay back in your cozy room, flick on the tv, sip on some juices, watch videos, news or whatever. I must admit, the Air conditioners blow out ice cold air! Th A/C in my room was soooooo cold i had to sleep under the blanket! I love that! I love that! Hats off to The Tamarind Tree Resort for being an econmically priced hotel that offers comfortability, safety, and a central location in the beautiful part of Runaway Bay.

17 Thank SirChoc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2004

When my husband and I traveled to Jamaica for a friend's wedding we wanted to stay somewhere economical. That way we could maximize on our trip and really enjoy what Jamaica had to offer. We were pleasantly surprised that such an economical resort also offered friendly service, clean and tidy accommodations, cable TV, a swimming pool, a nearby beach, a restaurant on the premises (with room service) and much more. We were able to save on accommodations while at the same time enjoying our stay. We used the money that we saved to visit all inclusive hotels, exclusive restaurants, enjoy guided island tours and shop for souvenirs.

• Stayed May 2007
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2004

My daughter and I stayed at this very quaint resort for 5 days. I wanted to stay at a nice place that was close to the other all inclusive hotels without the expensive room rates. We bought day passes for two of the bigger all inclusive hotels for less than $100US per day and were within walking distance from Tamarind tree resort. It was the perfect place to unwind and was worth every dollar we paid for the clean, comfortable accommodations. I can't say enough good things about the place. If looking for a cheaper way to totally enjoy your vacation without missing a beat, I recommend Tamarind Tree Resort 100%.

24 Thank A TripAdvisor Member