Spent a very relaxing week at FDR with our 2 year old and his young cousins.
Our first experience with all-inclusive resorts was generally quite positive, mainly because of its orientation towards children's needs and amenities.
As frequently mentioned, the vacation nannies are particularly great. Ours (Tanya) was caring, energetic and patient -- pretty much a perfect sitter and play partner for our son.
The food is abundant, if not fantastic. Would have preferred a simpler or more authentic variety of local fresh food. And there's not a whole lot of variety day-to-day. (But you can get some tasty meals a taxi ride away -- or even a stroll down the beach.)
The drinks certainly seemed to flow freely around the bar.
Aside from some unfortunate fluorescent lighting, the rooms are comfortable and large -- ours had a balcony overlooking the water, which was quite nice.
For the money, if you're traveling with kids, a very good option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique all-inclusive family Resort where each family is assigned a dedicated Vacation Nanny to care for the kids from check-in to check-out. One upfront price includes accommodations are in large 1, 2 or 3 bedroom suites with iPOD Docking Stations and DVD Players, Continental, Italian and Jamaican cuisine from a choice of 4 restaurants, top shelf bar, kayaking, snorkelling, tennis, 3 pools, 100' waterslide, separate kids, pre-teens and teens programs with supervised daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Franklyn D Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklyn d Resort And Spa
- Franklyn d Hotel Runaway Bay
- Franklyn d Resort All Inclusive
- Franklyn D Resort & Spa Jamaica/Runaway Bay