We have a 14 month old daughter that went with us to FDR and it was the perfect family vacation! It was slow season (May 21-28 was our trip) which ended up being a blessing in disguise. We met every family there (most were repeat visitors - that really makes you feel good when getting comfortable with leaving your baby with the nanny, etc.), never had to wait for drinks or dinner, never had to worry about towels or chairs, etc. It's a good family atmosphere where you get to know everyone's name - guests and staff.
We say it was the best of both worlds b/c we had plenty of family time with our daughter and then plenty of couple time by ourselves. My husband and I snorkeled, jumped on the water trampoline, shopped in Ocho Rios, did Dunn River Falls, played games put on by the entertainment staff (and won bottles of rum for it) and lounged to enjoy ourselves. Our daughter played in the Yellow Bird Club, toddler slide, beach, crazy dress up, and beach olympics (as much as a baby could do!).
Not the newest complex, so you're not going to be wowed by the beauty the minute you walk in
Beach - it's not a big huge, white sandy beach where you can lay around all day; you can go next door to Breezes but they don't let you use the chairs
Aiport & ride to the resort get long especially when traveling with a child, but that's not FDR's doing
Nanny timing - our nanny was a little late in the mornings and took longer lunches on occasion but we really didn't mind b/c it gave us time with our daughter. However, if you go I suggest talking with them and finding out the schedule up front so you're not always wondering.
Perks: the nannies make it all worth the trip! Use them and enjoy!
Remember, it's Jamaica and everything is NO PROBLEM!
All in all we had a great experience and can see going back again at least until our daughter is old enough to really travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique all-inclusive family Resort where each family is assigned a dedicated Vacation Nanny to care for the kids from check-in to check-out. All- Inclusive package includes accommodations are in large 1, 2 or 3 bedroom suites with separate living areas,kitchenette and balcony or terrace. Continental, Italian/French/ Indian and Jamaican cuisine from a choice of 4 restaurants, top shelf bar, kayaking, snorkeling, tennis, 4 pools, 100' waterslide, separate kids, tweens and teens programs with supervised daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Franklyn D Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklyn d Hotel Runaway Bay
- Franklyn d Resort And Spa
- Franklyn d Resort All Inclusive
- Franklyn D Resort & Spa Jamaica/Runaway Bay