For the past four years, we have stayed at this wonderful property during Thanksgiving. We are headed there again in 2.5 weeks and my son is crossing off the days on the calendar. There are numerous repeat guests each Thanksgiving and we have made many friends at FDR that we see during this time period. FDR is a very special place. Most of the staff have been there for years and there is very little turnover - people remember you when you come back. We see the same smiling faces year after year - from the person who serves you coffee in the morning to Marcia by the pool who weaves the bracelets. Our first year we booked the sister property, the now-closed Pebbles, because it was a shorter drive from the airport. It is a long story, but due to low bookings at Pebbles, the resort closed over Thanksgiving and all reservations were transferred to FDR. Unfortunately, we made our reservation via Orbitz (we now always book directly with FDR) and it was the responsibility of Orbitz to notify us of this change, which they did not do. The airport van driver dropped us at the deserted property without knowing it was closed. A groundskeeper at Pebbles - the only person on site - took us back by the pool and offered us a Red Stripe while he called FDR. Frank Rance, the owner of FDR, drove down and picked us up in his personal car. My son was car sick and Frank didn't even bat an eye. What a great guy! From then on the vacation only got better and we have returned every year (and booked directly through hotel) since and always stay in room 33, which has a view of the water and is in the block close to the Overlook restaurant. The nannies are all fantastic, very experienced and we trust them 100%. The resort is small enough that if you want to know where your children are you can ask any of the nannies or staff members and they'll usually be able to tell you. We have used Natalie for the past few years and she is the best! Lots of fun activities for them including fishing, glass bottom boat rides, cooking lessons, activities in the Kids' Club, crab races, etc. Parents get a chance to relax on the beach or enjoy some of the activities. If you are a runner, the group run in the morning is a challenge! There is a huge hill, but once you hit the top it is downhill the rest of the way. Once we get back to the resort we jump in the ocean in our running clothes to cool off - the best! Other recommendations include a sunset massage at Sea Grape Spa and a morning dive with Fruity the dive master. A more traditional beach is at the property next door. I, however, like the FDR beach because it offers lots of shade and is the perfect size for children. Another bonus is having a nurse on site. See you soon FDR!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique all-inclusive family Resort where each family is assigned a dedicated Vacation Nanny to care for the kids from check-in to check-out. All- Inclusive package includes accommodations are in large 1, 2 or 3 bedroom suites with separate living areas,kitchenette and balcony or terrace. Continental, Italian/French/ Indian and Jamaican cuisine from a choice of 4 restaurants, top shelf bar, kayaking, snorkeling, tennis, 4 pools, 100' waterslide, separate kids, tweens and teens programs with supervised daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Franklyn D Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklyn d Resort And Spa
- Franklyn d Hotel Runaway Bay
- Franklyn d Resort All Inclusive
- Franklyn D Resort & Spa Jamaica/Runaway Bay