This is the place if you are traveling with your family and have at least one child under 12. They have an activity director that has things going all day if you are bringing teens. The real treat of course is the nanny. I expected great care from our nanny and that expectation was surpassed. Remember this is not a 5 star resort . It is a boutique hotel with a great deal of space in the room. We had a 2 room suite which has a kitchen, a bathroom and large living room down stairs which can also sleep 1 person. Upstairs we had 2 bedrooms, each with a full bath. The grounds were beautiful and we saw someone painting every day. It is not as updated as a 5 star, but how much time do you really expect to spend in the room? It's a vacation!
Nanny - Donnette was with us and she is awesome. We referred to her as our 1 year old's Jamaican mother. The nanny is also your housekeeper. She went with us into Ocho Rios to go shopping, eat at a local restaurant and kept him at Dunn's River Falls while we climbed it.
Wait Staff - Very friendly and eager to please.
Space of suite - The size of the 2 bedroom suite is great. Easily sleeps 5. We had 3 plus a crib.
Value - Good price for an AI.
Location - You are close to several attractions in Ocho Rios. Try the tubing down the White River. Ask for George as your guide.
Food - This is your typical AI food. We ate at the adult only restaurants each night. The Italian restaurant was the best. The Jerk Shack is open all day and serves ice-cream.
Bar - Red Stripe on tap, cocktail variety was pleasant.
Transportation - We had a private driver take us everywhere. His name is Kevin Morrison and works for Juta which is one of the biggest transportation services in Jamaica. He has a website which is www.jamaica-travels.com.
Beach - The beach at FDR is small, but you have full access to the beach at the resort next door.
Security - Very safe with a guard at the drive and one at the beach where you go to the resort next door. No vendors at FDR to harass you.
As others mentioned, hot water is not available for showers at certain times. We found that late at night or in the mornings were the best times.
Jamaica is still a third world country. If you are lucky enough to have a job you rely heavily on tips to make ends meet. Yes it is an AI, but you will receive service worthy of tipping a little extra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique all-inclusive family Resort where each family is assigned a dedicated Vacation Nanny to care for the kids from check-in to check-out. All- Inclusive package includes accommodations are in large 1, 2 or 3 bedroom suites with separate living areas,kitchenette and balcony or terrace. Continental, Italian/French/ Indian and Jamaican cuisine from a choice of 4 restaurants, top shelf bar, kayaking, snorkeling, tennis, 4 pools, 100' waterslide, separate kids, tweens and teens programs with supervised daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Franklyn D Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklyn d Resort And Spa
- Franklyn d Hotel Runaway Bay
- Franklyn d Resort All Inclusive
- Franklyn D Resort & Spa Jamaica/Runaway Bay