Arrived at FDR 4 days after Hurricane Sandy. Very happy when staff said the island needed tourist and wanted us to come. Impressed by their resilience. Only three families there during most of our week stay but still had a full complement of staff and services including a phenomenal nanny. Ended up having to order food off their a la carte menus instead of their buffets which was great. Lots of damage to the resort was being repaired including the a la carte restaurant, water front walkways, and the Jacuzzi which took a major hit. Major structures repaired over the week and the resort remained pretty much fully functional with the exception of the Jacuzzi. Went on great bike rides into the local community, snorkeled, and still had goat races for the children and major pool time. The Halloween Treat or Treat room crawl was supper fun and a great way to spend Halloween. Can not express how grateful we were that FDR remained open and took such care to keep my family happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique all-inclusive family Resort where each family is assigned a dedicated Vacation Nanny to care for the kids from check-in to check-out. One upfront price includes accommodations are in large 1, 2 or 3 bedroom suites with iPOD Docking Stations and DVD Players, Continental, Italian and Jamaican cuisine from a choice of 4 restaurants, top shelf bar, kayaking, snorkelling, tennis, 3 pools, 100' waterslide, separate kids, pre-teens and teens programs with supervised daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Franklyn D Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklyn d Resort And Spa
- Franklyn d Hotel Runaway Bay
- Franklyn d Resort All Inclusive
- Franklyn D Resort & Spa Jamaica/Runaway Bay