Just spent 4 nights at FDR. We had a bit of an odd experience, since we went in the off season and there were only ever 3 other rooms occupied during our whole stay.
We pretty much had the whole resorts to ourselves, which we enjoyed. It was very relaxing.
It was our first vacation away with our baby, who is just over 9 months old. Our vacation nanny, Loraine was incredible. She sensed that we were hesitant separating from our baby and took things very slowly. By the end of the trip our baby would even want to go to her. It was the first time in 9 months we were able to spend some nice relaxing time together.
The rest of the staff were also great. Even though there was very few of us they still offered activities and made us feel at home.
We knew what to expect thanks to TripAdvisor. The resort definitely is due for some updates. We were upgraded to a suite due to the low occupancy. The room was very spacious, but the bathrooms could use some work. The grounds themselves also need to be updated, and there were lots of safety red flags.
The food was okay, everything was pretty much served a la carte due to occupancy. The food at the Overproof was the best out of everything. We really liked that we could special order food/beer/drinks for our room. Our baby is an early riser so we were able to feed her in the room before breakfast.
We would definitely go back, but probably in November when it's a little busier. As much as we enjoyed the quiet time, we think it would have been more fun for our baby if there were other children around.
One last thing that I really regret not mentioning to staff when I was there that bothered me was that there was a pond with fish that was stagnant and the fish were obviously struggling with the conditions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique all-inclusive family Resort where each family is assigned a dedicated Vacation Nanny to care for the kids from check-in to check-out. One upfront price includes accommodations are in large 1, 2 or 3 bedroom suites with iPOD Docking Stations and DVD Players, Continental, Italian and Jamaican cuisine from a choice of 4 restaurants, top shelf bar, kayaking, snorkelling, tennis, 3 pools, 100' waterslide, separate kids, pre-teens and teens programs with supervised daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Franklyn D Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklyn d Hotel Runaway Bay
- Franklyn d Resort And Spa
- Franklyn d Resort All Inclusive
- Franklyn D Resort & Spa Jamaica/Runaway Bay