I selected FDR resorts due to the great reviews. I was not impressed and very disappointed. I strongly believe your feeling regarding your stay is directly related to the attentiveness and interaction of the nanny. We never developed a personal connection with ours. She did not keep our fridge stocked. I saw her watching TV on 3 occasions. I would have liked her to stay with us more with our son instead of taking him away. As for the rest of our experience;
*Large Rooms, we stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 1/2 bath 2 story room. A full kitchen, and large patio with the view of the ocean. It was very convenient with our one year old.
*Great View of the Ocean
*Lots of toys on the beach and several play areas
*Beautiful white sand beach on the other side of the fence
*Complimentary Shopping Excursion was nice
*Snorkeling was a fun experience
*Air Conditioning did not work in the bedroom for the first day
*The Jacuzzi did not work for the entire 7 day trip
*The gift shop did not carry small enough shirts for my son to tye-die
*We requested a glass bottom boat ride 3 days in a row and finally gave up
*Bartender(one specifically) was extremely rude and unwilling to make drinks
*The pool got dirtier everyday, by day 7 I didn't even want to go in, there was a odd film and you could not even see through the water. The water slides were never going.
*I called ahead to make sure soy milk would be available(son is allergic to milk) was told it would be readily available. And it was not. It was not stocked in our fridge and when we needed it, we had to wait until someone went to the store to get it.
*The gym is open-air! Talk about "sweating it out". Only one treadmill worked properly. The rest of the equipment looked so dirty, I did not touch it. It was not staffed or stocked with towels and/or water.
*Lack of activities. (We understood that the beginning of September would be a slow time, but we had to get everyone together and ask staff members to make any activities happen)
All in all, there were some okay parts and most of the staff was accommodating. But I would not recommend this resort. And did not find my vacation relaxing due to the fact I was always stressed about something that was wrong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique all-inclusive family Resort where each family is assigned a dedicated Vacation Nanny to care for the kids from check-in to check-out. All- Inclusive package includes accommodations are in large 1, 2 or 3 bedroom suites with separate living areas,kitchenette and balcony or terrace. Continental, Italian/French/ Indian and Jamaican cuisine from a choice of 4 restaurants, top shelf bar, kayaking, snorkeling, tennis, 4 pools, 100' waterslide, separate kids, tweens and teens programs with supervised daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Franklyn D Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklyn d Resort And Spa
- Franklyn d Hotel Runaway Bay
- Franklyn d Resort All Inclusive
- Franklyn D Resort & Spa Jamaica/Runaway Bay