This was our second trip to FDR which says a lot. However, I'm not completely sure we will go again ...
Fantastic nanny's. Our son Gabriel loves Kadian. She is just amazing. It is almost like she reads your mind. The main thing is that she, and many of the nanny's just really enjoy kids and they take their jobs really seriously - in a good, fun way. There are lots of fun activities for the kids. It's great how small the property is. That way you can find your kids pretty easily if you have lost track of them. Good scuba diving 5 minutes from property. It was great fun to feed the fish (little yellow and blue stripe) in the ocean. Good massages. Relaxed atmosphere and pretty good food. Super friendly staff try to do anything to make you happy.
The property is a little run down and it's pretty simple. Everything you need not nothing more. I would never go on a romantic trip with my husband to this hotel. Our last night at the FDR it started "raining" from the ceiling right onto the master bed. It was a leak from the room above and it was pretty bad. The bed was all wet. I called up the front desk and told them about it and asked for a mattress to be put in the living room. They did do that, but strangely nobody mentioned this after or asked us about it.
Also, the trip from the airport was a pain. First, we had to wait 45 minutes until the bus left. Then they made a long pit stop, which nobody requested. On the way back they were a couple of seats short because of all the luggage but crammed three kids in two seats to make it work out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique all-inclusive family Resort where each family is assigned a dedicated Vacation Nanny to care for the kids from check-in to check-out. All- Inclusive package includes accommodations are in large 1, 2 or 3 bedroom suites with separate living areas,kitchenette and balcony or terrace. Continental, Italian/French/ Indian and Jamaican cuisine from a choice of 4 restaurants, top shelf bar, kayaking, snorkeling, tennis, 4 pools, 100' waterslide, separate kids, tweens and teens programs with supervised daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Franklyn D Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklyn d Hotel Runaway Bay
- Franklyn d Resort And Spa
- Franklyn d Resort All Inclusive
- Franklyn D Resort & Spa Jamaica/Runaway Bay