Franklyn D. Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Cardiff Hotel & Spa(Runaway Bay)
View Hotel
Silver Creek Resort(Runaway Bay)
Club Ambiance(Runaway Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Piper's Cove Resort(Runaway Bay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnanny servicevacation nannyarts and craftsthe grillkids buffetextra setwonderful nannykids clubtwo bedroom suiteglass bottom boatteen coordinatortrue vacationgoatrelaxing family vacationhaving funtennis lessonswater aerobics
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We returned to Texas from our first visit to FDR on Dec 21, 2011. My group included my wife and me, our three children (ages 8, 6, and 2), and my parents. I have been to many resorts in the Carribean and I have to say this property is very unique. The people at FDR make all the difference .. .from the nannies who make you feel comfortable and give parents the ability to spend individual time with each child, to the grill chef who fried the small fish my son caught on the pier, to the owner who is very willing to share a beverage with you and tell stories about Jamaica and the resort history. The resort grounds are compact (which made it feel safe to me) and the facilities and food are average.

If you are looking for a large beach, gourmet food, swim up bar or late night parties, then this resort isn't for you. If you are looking for a low stress way to enjoy the Carribean with your children and friends, then there is no better place than FDR. We will be visiting again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank R H
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I'm really surprised by all of the great reviews. My husband and I arrived at this resort in November 2011 with high expectations and were so disappointed that we left the following morning. It is merely a babysitting resort. I suppose it's the nannies that everyone else is raving about. My husband and I didn't bring our son (10) and thank goodness we didn't because even he would have been disappointed. The beach is no more than 200 feet long and most of the sand is being used for kid’s toys and play houses. Staff suggested we use the beach of the resort located next door. That would have required scaling a 10ft fence or walking over by street. She told us the water and sand was fair game but we shouldn't use their beach chairs or they would get upset! Woe! There are only two restaurants on the resort and the food is just okay. As for adult entertainment… there isn’t any, the kiddies have to get to bed early so the place is a ghost town after 9 p.m. Our room was a nice size. However after a shower the entire bathroom floor turned into a kiddy pool. The room and the common areas of the resort could use an update – and the toys and play areas need to be thrown out and replaced! Parents, if you’re looking for a place to stay with a nanny service and your expectations are low this is the place for you. Couples beware!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
16  Thank polkt
fdrsales, Director of Sales at Franklyn D. Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2011

The Guests arrived at the Franklyn D Resort & Spa on November 12, 2011 at 4:15pm.
In the evening at 7:24pm they reported to the Front Desk that they would like to be transferred
to a large adults only Resort the following morning at 11:00am.
On the night the guests stayed at FDR we had a gala and live local entertainment which was the highlight of the week. In the morning at 11:00am on November 13, 2011, the guests were delighted to be transferred to a thousand room, hotel in the area.

We would like to thank you for sharing your review with us and apologize for any inconvenience
experienced on your vacation. FDR aims consistently to deliver a professional and hospitable
service to our guests and trust you will visit with us again in the near future with your family.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

Again!!!! This is our 3rd time this year!!! Our favorite home away from home! Wonderful staff!!! Amazing nannies!! Loraine and Sanique!!! I would say... our 4th time will be sometime in the next future!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Yeah my comments are like many others - We read reviews so we were prepared for the "entrance run down look" This place is not BLING BLING - This place is ... a gift to stressed parents. I am an Army Officer, my bride and I stayed with our 3 young boys 2, 4 and 6 yrs while we were moving to Germany (June 10) . I am writing this from Afghanistan. I was just informed that I will be moving the family back stateside May/June 12. My wife sent me a link to FDR's repeat customers discount deal page. Even without that KILLER deal we would be seriously exploring the option of returning. Last time we spent 12 days - and I reconnected with my bride (of going on 16 yrs) in romance, smiles, and touches of the hands. What a God send and a soldier needs memory moments to carry them through the long deployments (41+ months now). Now about the Nanny - Coretta - patient - very responsible. - PEOPLE TIP YOUR NANNY they earn it!! At first we didn’t know how much to rely on our Nanny, boundary issues etc. But the boys feel in love instantly and as soon as I trusted her (almost immediately) I empowered her in front of my boys, "whatever she says - you respect her and obey understand" - Once the expectations where known, wow. Over the days I got better and better at snorkel diving and was able to get to the 40 ft level and started to pull up Conk. The owner (who is there often) saw me with one and called the Chef over and had him prepare it special for dinner, awesome! Okay nothing is perfect, you don’t go to Jamaica for their beef, but wow the fish rocked. And don’t get me started about the rum. After a date night (Nanny Coretta watch over the boys) I would take back a couple of rum drinks to the room for my wife and I to enjoy. :) And there were other little imperfections but I am not going to spend effort on them. I will simple say, if you got kids you will not be disappointed and if something does concern you tell your Nanny they will do what they have to, to ensure you are happy. Don’t tell my soldiers but I still have my ankle bracelet that a local lady made for my on my right leg (yeap under my combat boots) and it’ll stay there till it rots off! Good times!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
10  Thank Alaskadaddy
Reviewed November 22, 2011

It has been the best resort ever to me ........thanks FDR

Room Tip: THE ROOMS ARE COMFORTABLE.. (you can always relax in most of the rooms)
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family