“Great diving in Jamaica” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Resort Divers and Watersports

Resort Divers and Watersports
Ranked #6 of 15 things to do in Runaway Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a PADI 5 Star facility, located in beautiful Jamaica offering a wide array of scuba diving and watersports. We have locations in the tourist mecca of Jamaica and a new beach facility off the tranquil waters of Runaway Bay. We also offer free pick up service from area hotels and cruise terminals in both Ocho Rios, Runaway Bay and Falmouth.
Maryville, Missouri
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great diving in Jamaica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Carnival cruise line didn't offer any scuba excursions in Ocho Rios, so I searched Internet to find a dive company in the area, and found Resort Divers. Contacted and arranged by Internet. Dive shop is about 20 miles from cruise ship terminal; Resort Divers will pick you up and return you for the cost of the gas ($30 for the 2 of us). Owner Everett Herron promptly picked us up and gave us a little info on the area and about Jamaica in general since this was our first visit. We were the only 2 divers on the boat; dove with Raymore a.k.a. "Dr Patience" who was indeed patient and polite. He gave us a few pointers on better buoyancy control during our surface interval. Warm water, plenty of varied coral, sponges, fish. Viz about 60 feet. Nice warm water shower back at the dive shop afterwards. And then, to top it off...Everett bought us a Jamaican lunch on the way back..."beef patty and Ting. He also took us to the ATM since it was a CASH ONLY dive shop and we weren't told that in the emails. Nevertheless, we will dive with them again on our next trip to Jamaica.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank KelSchMan

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Fantastic staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Some of the most patient people you'll ever dive with. We are just getting started in diving and this experience was so nice in comparisons to our other dives. We were just cattle at the other locations but here they made sure we had a great time. No hurry, mon.

Visited September 2012
“fantastic operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

i was there last month and received fantastic, friendly service.
the staff and Everet are all friendly and made me feel like a friend.
i will be back in a few weeks

Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top Dive Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Recently went to Jamaica on holiday. Stayed at the Gran Bahia, Runaway Bay. Nice Hotel, but the Dive Centre did not draw me, the on site staff really did not appear bothered.

Went diving with Resort Divers, their easy to find on the Net. What a great set ofpeople, never too busy to do anything for you, really helpful and always happy , made my holiday diving a pleasure.

Sharky the owner, picked me up every day required and I gained more knowledge from him, on the local area than any rep. He drove me round showing me local sites etc after diving. He also really took care of my son who became ill, taking me to chemist's etc to get medicines etc.

The Instructor, quite aptly named as "Dr Patience" was superb with my son who was completing his Open Water dives with a referal from Essex. Really careful and knowledgable.

Im a Dive Master, so know what I am talking about here.

Overall, they made mydiving experience a real pleasure and would recommend them to anybody diving around Runaway bay.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Paul E
England, United Kingdom
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Fantastic service -called Sharkies now- learned to dive with excellent qualified diver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

We read about this dive resort in my old Frommers guidebook and thought we would check it out. Hired a car to explore and was dubious from the run down location. However, once we spoke to the boss Everett (prefers to be called Sharkie) we realised the fantastic service he offers. He only charged us 30 US dollars round trip form our hotel in Ocho Rios ( a taxi would have been about 80 US) and then 90 US each for a "lecture" and first dive. Our kids are 15 and 17 and took to it so quickly. Their diver, Raymore, was fantastic, very patient and they felt very confident. We returned two days later for a two tank dive, and went to see a wreck 55 feet down. I can't believe that no one has written a review yet, but the place was hard to find when we went. The hotel can find the telephone number for you and he will pick you up . Both days he said 9am and he was there 5 minutes early!! Once his delightful daughter took us home and we were made to feel very welcome by both of them. Please mention us if you go (the Upton family) as I told him I would give him a 5 star review when we got home!..and do haggle the prices as well, we got a discount on the 2 tank dive.

Visited July 2011