“Great Food !! ”

HighSeas Seafood Raft
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Runaway Bay
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

My cousin and I were staying at the Luxury Bahia Principe and decided to head over to the Grand side beach! We are so happy we did! We saw this raft floating over and got curious to see what it was about since it looked like they had food!!!! Lol!

Well that’s how we met Jerome and his brother Christopher! They were so nice and friendly, I honestly was tired of swimming and decided to just hop on their raft ( how rude of me lol) but really sat and talked to them and watch them prepare food and even got a super small sample! It was sooo good so they basically hooked us and we decided to visit them the next day.

We ended up meeting him at the hotel (you’d have to tell the guards to let their taxi in ) and they took us to their raft landing site and we got to eat on their bigger raft . It was a true relaxing experience and different from the hotel dining. I’m definitely coming back there next time I’m in JA and I look forward to their mouth watering meals.

We had the lobster dish with a buttery pineapple and onion sauce. We didn’t do the two for $40 platter cuz we didn’t know about it lol! Either way I was happy to spend my money there and recommend it to everyone!!!!!

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank titilope14

Reviewed May 4, 2018

Best seafood we ever had. Will go back every time we're in Jamaica. You don't need to be staying at the Grand Bahia to get his food. Call this # (876) 492-4561 and you can arrange to go to his restaurant which is located right next to the Grand Bahia. :) He also sells beef patties.

Date of visit: April 2018
5  Thank jenowinski
Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

We are staying at the Franklin D. Resort and had our resort boat operator take us to this floating raft restaurant, which is docked in front of the Bahia resort. I had the Jamaican beef patties (kind of like empanadas), which were amazing! Also had the grilled fish and shrimp. The food here was very good, and eating off a raft is just very cool. Everyone should try this place.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank MKovaci
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I tried this in March and it was fantastic food we both enjoyed it very very much. The raft was manned by one person and we were very shocked that no matter the weather it seemed that the raft was always placed at a reasonable time on the Bahaia Principe side beach.

The prices were very reasonable since both my wife and I ate a lobster meal each and had a couple of Jamaican patties for a total of approximately $45 us.

All the food was prepared and was ready to be picked up within a half hour this also included serving another couple ahead of us. We very impressed with the service.

The raft was placed in approximately 6 feet of water and was easily accessible by walking out. I would recommend bringing a tube of some sorts to float while waiting for your food.

I would also recommend this to anyone staying at this Resort.

Cheers!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Grand Bahia last week. My boyfriend and I had seen some people swimming out to get some fresh lobster and we debated all week if we were going to try it. Well, I am certainly glad we did. We came here on our very last night and I was over the top impressed. I did not expect the food to be this amazing!! The food at the resort was already great but this took the cake.

I highly recommend trying this out to everyone. Go have some of the best lobster and shrimp with lots of flavour and also enjoy a great view of the ocean.

We will definitely be back on our next trip to Jamaica!

Date of visit: March 2018