“Customer Service...FAIL”

and up
Green Grotto Caves Excursion from Falmouth
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Runaway Bay
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Green Grotto Caves...where do I start. I will start with the positives. The restrooms were immaculate. Our guide was very hospitable and knowledgeable. My boyfriend and I were the only two people there at the time so we had the guide all to ourselves. The tour of the caves was good but you definitely should add other attractions to your itinerary for the day if you are travelling from outside of the Runaway Bay area.

Now on the negatives...customer service was non-existent. The "greeters" and cashier were just plain rude and only showed the slightest bit of interest in our presence when the issue of payment at the locals rate came into play. Similar to what bwareee experienced, the cashier would not honor the locals rate for my relatives who could not provide the "proper identification." Before we embarked on the tour we had to sign a liability waiver--which I understand and have done countless time on other excursions considered to have some safety risks. The issue was that the "greeter" literally shoved the clipboard in my face and instead of using his words like he was while chatting with his co-workers/friends just a few minutes before, he grunts at me to sign. I usually don't nit pick like this but after receiving a rude welcome and price haggling I simply had enough.

As an eco-tourism supporter, I really wanted to give this attraction a higher rating. However the rudeness of the staff (excluding the tour guide) and the entrance fee issue did not make that possible. In fact, the only reason I rated this attraction as "poor" instead of "TERRIBLE" like I originally wanted to was because of the professionalism of our guide. He truly saved the day and added a happy ending to a miserable start. The admission is a bit overpriced in my opinion but again, had the customer service not been so bad, I actually would have overlooked that.

5  Thank xxSHA-SHAxx
"an excursion"
in 12 reviews
"rainy day"

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Beautiful caves and some colorful history to them. Imoressive formations, but does show the wear and tear from humans.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went there while staying in Runaway bay It was a nice guided tour and learned some info I never knew. My only beef was I went with a a friend from Jamaica so they didnt issue her a "resident rate" after showing her Jamacain passport! They only accept driver license( i dont know about you but not many jamaicans I know have drivers licences LOL) or a voters card. A passport is a national ID.. but overall great hour tour with a good guide!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We went as part of our excursion from a cruise ship. The tour length, depth and breadth were very satisfactory. The best part was our tour guide, he was very dramatic with his style of telling the story of the caves and got some members of the group to interact at certain points. If you like caves or like bats it is nice tour to go on.

2  Thank greeneyedqtpi
See more reviews
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Green Grotto Cave is an experience to remember once you arrived your greeted by the tour guide that will carry you through the caves and then your given an helmet so as to protect you from any falling objects.Its a little scary if you are afraid of bats but adventurous in more ways than other.
It has a lot of history because the Spanish used the caves to hide from the British in the late 1600's and there was a secret passage way that led to sea where the Spanish traverse through and escape on boats to Cuba. The cave as a lot stalactite and stalagmite hanging from the ceiling and the ground.This historic place once filmed a James Bond movie at the lower section of the cave where the water is more than 10 feet deep.Overall its a good experience for everyone.

2  Thank LIBERTYTOURSJA