“If you want authentic Jamaican fried fish- this is the place to be!!”

Gloria's Rendezvous
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Port Royal
Cuisines: Jamaican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Gloria's has been a kind of beacon and a very popular local eatery. The fry fish here is some of the best on the island. If you intend to visit just ensure you have a few hours to spend with friends chatting as service can take a while. And just when you're about to call it quits your order arrives...and its like you're transported back to your mum's cooking. Great place for relaxing, chatting with friends and just enjoying the open air street resturant. Oh, reservations and advanced orders are accepted,but honestly, it still takes a pretty long time to get served when you do so. And if its seriously packed expect at least 2hours between order and meal. But I promise you wont forget the dinner...

There are newer reviews for Gloria's Rendezvous

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Visited Port Royal on July 10th. We stopped for Lunch at Gloria's. The food was absolutely amazing. I ordered the fried fish and festival while my husband ordered the same with bammy. My Dad and his friend ordered the steam fish. The fried fish brought back memories of what fried fish is supposed to taste like. It was well seasoned. My husband tasted bammy for the first time and loved it. We were seated upstairs where the seaview was beautiful. The cool breeze off the ocean was welcoming. It got a bit crowded when we were leaving as a large crowds from the tours tend to come in. In cases like this be prepared for a little wait time but trust me it is worth it.

1  Thank joan11224
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We ordered foods in advance because we only had an hour for lunch. Still had to wait 30 min for my lobster curry. However, foods were very good with nice view of the Port Royal. Will go back again if I'm in the area.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I was invited to Gloria’s Rendezvous in the small town of Port Royal to enjoy a celebratory dinner with my former students after 27 years. We thought that we would have to eat on the street at the plastic tables and chairs, but then a table became available on the upper level. So we climbed the stairs to see the scenic evening view of the city of Kingston.

I had the best deep-fried chicken platter I had ever tasted. I also enjoyed a tasty deep-fried dough serving that was more like cake than a bread roll. I also enjoyed a sweet tasting guava-mango cocktail. We were glad that we made a reservation and placed our orders from the car as it was very busy. Our server was so patient taking several pictures with our cameras while doing a great job serving our meals. It was a special evening!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

The restaurant's typical lengthy wait time has vastly improved. But remember - they cook to order so there is going to be some wait. The food is typically very good. Here's a hint - call ahead and order your food. This will save you time if you are impatient. You may also order to pick up. But be sure you call the correct restaurant as there are two Gloria's locations in Port Royal - one across the road from the Police Station and the other is closer to the entrance of the town. It's a good venue for business lunches/dinners. Try their lobster meals - good portion and excellent.