Moon San Villa
$180
$251
$187
Tropical Lagoon Resort(Port Antonio)(Great Value!)
$145
$135
Hotels.com
Jamaica Palace Hotel(Port Antonio)
$171
The Trident Hotel(Port Antonio)
$600
$582
Hotels.com
Geejam(Port Antonio)
$575
$558
Hotel Jamaican Colors(Port Antonio)(Great Value!)
$80
$78
All reviewsblue lagoonevery morningblue mountain bike ridereach fallscurry lobsterour room was cleanedfrenchman's coverio grandethe location is perfectbed and breakfastbreakfast was amazingtraditional jamaican breakfastrooms are comfortablevisiting portboston bayhour drivekingston airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Moon San is located steps away from Blue Lagoon and San San beach. A short ride to Frenchman's Bay, Mockingbird Hill, Rio Grande, Blue Mountains. Boston Bay and the incredible Reach Falls are within easy reach. The people of Port Antonio are awesome. Do yourself a favor and visit the real Jamaica by leaving the resort towns and staying at Moon San. Breakfast included fresh fruit from the forest and Blue Mountain coffee. You will never forget your visit to Moon San!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here after a couple weeks travelling around the country. It was a very nice change of pace. The rooms are inside of a larger house so you feel like a part of a family who is living there. Everyone made us feel at home and gave us good tips about how to enjoy this great part of the country. The house is located right next to the Blue Lagoon so you can walk there and swim. Also, it is easily accessible off the main road which made it a very convenient base to explore the region. Definitely recommended to travellers looking to escape the impersonal feel of hotels...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gg1225
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Being a Jamaican living abroad, I love to play tourist when I return home to my homeland. My family and I usually stay at All Inclusive resorts in Ochi or Montego Bay but decided to try something more on the hidden path for our most recent visit....and Man did we make the Best Choice EVER! Portland is more than a hidden gem and the service provided by Moon San Villa is top notch.
The great service from the staff at Moon San Villa began the minute we inquired about reservations. I just had to book immediately! We booked the Upper Master, as well as the Master bedroom which both had lovely views of the blue lagoon. The upper master bedroom was the perfect layout for my family of 4, which also included an adjoining bedroom for my 3 yr old and 1.5 yr old. The Upper Master is more than worth the price and that is even before seeing the view from the adjoining balcony. Greg even provided a play yard for our busy 1.5 yr old in the adjoining bedroom. The Master Bedroom is perfect for a couple and still has room for an additional bed.

We arrived late at night and had a little trouble finding the villa as it is on a hill. Marley was readily waiting and managed to notice from the balcony that we were in fact lost, as we drove by the villa. He pointed us in the direction of the entrance to the villa and was waiting by the gate once we arrived. We knew then that this was going to be a great vacation! Marley helped us unload and made sure everything was where we needed it to be from the minute we got out of the vehicle. He showed more care, concern and hospitality than I have Ever experienced. We entered the villa and it was like another world from the balcony. Being that it was late Marley gave us a quick run through and wished us a good night.

Upon waking up the following morning I couldn't wait to see the view from the balcony. It was the most refreshing/breathtaking feeling. Shortly after we met our cook Donna, she made us some delicious authentic Jamaican breakfast and it was the best Jamaican breakfast I ever tasted. It is true what they say, Everything is better in Portland! Marley gave us a heads up of places to see, things to do and we were then off to a great time exploring Portland.

We swam in the blue lagoon and visited several local attractions (Somerset falls, Boston Bay, Boston Jerk Centre), but the highlight to our trip was the boat ride provided by Moon San Villa, in which Marley was our captain. We learned a lot of history about the area, as well as who's who in the local community. It was a great way to end our stay.

We more than enjoyed our stay and wish we could have stayed longer. It was the most relaxing, laid back, and all natural vacation. If you are looking for a whole new untouched world, with great views and amazing people, go to Portland! and the place to stay- Moon San Villa! Can't wait return!

Room Tip: Upper Master is a must especially if you have kids!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kai D
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and if spent 5 days at the Moon San Villa and it was absolutely wonderful! The view of the Blue Lagoon was spectacular. Our time there was perfect. It was peaceful, relaxing and just thinking about it brings a smile to my face.
We rented the master bedroom and couldn't have been more satisfied. The a/c was cold, the bed comfortable and we just felt at home the entire time.
The reservation process was easy and efficient. Greg, the owner, was so accommodating and easy to access. While we were there he and Penny were so kind to us.
Donna made us a lovely breakfast each morning as well as some fabulous dinners! She was one of the sweetest ladies I've had the pleasure of meeting.
Marley is awesome. He made sure we had whatever we needed. He arranged drivers for us, took care of anything and everything we needed. I cannot say enough how great he was, he made our stay there what it was - perfect! I wish I had a "Marley" at home to just take care of things for me, life would be smoother!
Really, if you have the opportunity to travel to Port Antonio you HAVE to stay at Moon San Villa. The prices were great, the views incredible, but the people are what made it the best! We cannot not wait to return!
Greg, Penny, Donna and Marley - thank you for your hospitality and making our stay wonderful!

Bill and Carolyn Nevins

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I gave Moon San Villas a 5 star only because of the staff. In particular Marley who was solely responsible for turning what would normally be a four star into a five star Villa. He was outstanding with his quiet soft spoken efficiency quick wit and unparalleled ability to anticipate our every need. The food was not only delicious but the presentation on the dining table made us wanting to take a photographs before eating each meal. I would recommend this villa as long as it retains the current staff. We had a great time on the African Star with Captain Marley pointing out all the historical sites. Thank you Marley for giving our group of 7 an outstanding Vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family