We chose this place due to reviews on trip advisor, and also the location by the blue lagoon. We are well travelled and know a good place when we see one...but unfortunately,..Moon San Villas has a remote owner who is only interested in the money....every day we were hassled about paying them the cash because we refused to pay the 5% levy he wanted for a credit or debit card payment. This was a last minute booking whilst we were touring around Jamaica and it was only after we had agreed a rate of $165 US a night that the owner mentioned this extra charge. Anyway, that aside, we decided we would enjoy the villa and as we were the only guests after the first day there, we were looking forward to the peace and quiet....but this didn't happen. Marley, who is left in charge to look after guests, take them out in the boat and help with things, basically moved in with his family and friends .,and we were the only guests there by chance during this experience...so whilst Marley was very pleasant ,that's no excuse. Every day we would get back to the villa to find him, his wife, daughter, another friend and child all there, enjoying the TV, the balcony, the living room etc. One evening whilst eating our dinner, Marley had the TV blaring out yet again and I asked him if he would turn in off....his reply....no, it's the 7 o clock news in a minute. Unbelievable....we honestly felt like we were in his way...my boyfriend eventually had a word with him and said good hosts should know when to be available and when to make themselves scarce...but he didn't really get it....we decided to leave...this wasn't the holiday experience we wanted or had paid up for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moon San Villa has all of the charm of an older Jamaican villa that overlooks the Caribbean Sea and is 300 feet from the Blue Lagoon. This villa offers daily COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR 2, FREE USE OF BOAT WITH CAPTAIN for snorkeling and sightseeing to San San Beach, Monkey Island and Blue Lagoon. (If you stay 3 days or longer), you also receive COMPLIMENTARY PASSES TO THE BLUE MOUNTAIN BICYCLE TOUR, #1 tour in Portland. Moon San Villa can be rented per bedroom or take all 6 bedrooms. Moon San Villa offers the perfect blend of peace and tranquility, while enjoying the magnificent natural beauty of the Port Antonio area. Many of the special services offered are private photography tours, in-room massage, beach and mountain horseback riding and private waterfall tours. Upstairs Master Bedroom:$210.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Master Bedroom:$190.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Bedroom #1:$175.00 per night Bedroom #2:$175.00 per night Bedroom #4:$145.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) Moon San Stydio: $110.00 per night(min. 3 nights stay) There is a $30.00 charge per night, per room for a third person in a room over the age of 5. Rooms have either a ceiling fan or A/C. (See room descriptions) There is COMPLIMENTARY WI-FI in the whole villa. Buy your groceries or have our staff buy your groceries for you and they will COMPLIMENTARY COOK YOUR LUNCH OR DINNER.Each room has cable-TV and coffee makers with Blue Mountain Coffee. Staff includes manager/housekeeper/cook/boat with captain/tour guide/full-time security. Just 300 ft. from the villa is the entrance to the Blue Lagoon. The lagoon is both fresh and salt water, and water temperatures are warm and cold, which makes swimming a whole new experience. Entrance to the Blue Lagoon is included • On some days you might be the only couple. Three other white sand beaches nearby • Must do's while at Moon San: Blue Lagoon, San San Beach, Frenchman's Cove, Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours, Reach Falls, Rafting on the Rio Grande. Our staff can schedule all of your excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Moon San Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon San Villa Hotel Port Antonio
- Moon San Villa Jamaica/Port Antonio