“tranquility villa mrch 2017”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Bedroom Decks
Pool with a View!!
Pool
Villa Layout
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
mw74590
Toronto, Canada
“tranquility villa mrch 2017”
Reviewed March 18, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

spectacular view and tranquility is the perfect word to describe this villa. Dennis and Bev are the best host we have had over the years travelling. ask them to cook some jerk chicken and pork!

Rick O
“Paradise in every way: "Tranquility Villa"”
Reviewed March 14, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

Hard to find the words to express how amazing, beautiful, cultural, delicious, and comfortable our stay at Tranquility Villa really was! From Ms. Beverly's succulent ackee & salt fish to Dennis' sophisticated attention to our every need, this place is in the top-tier of Jamaican villas. Rejecting the touristic "resorts" in favor of experiencing the REAL Jamaica, we were thrilled that owner Fred hooked us up with Portland Parish's premier taxi driver tour guide, the legendary "Charlie", who brought us to the most inside locations throughout the parish. Charlie got local prices on real Boston jerk, conch soup, and Blue Mountain coffee while expertly dodging potholes and yielding the right of way in Jamaica's unique small road protocol. Dennis and Beverly were the most polite, knowledgeable home-hosts we could have ever found. Tranquility Villa will appeal to the sophisticated traveler who wants to live a brief, luxurious, and culturally rich Jamaican lifestyle...even if only for a week or two. Hugs and kisses and big ups to Beverly, Dennis, and Charlie...AND Fred, the captain of this amazing Caribbean mothership!

Mar 15, 2017
Hi Rick...sounds you guys really enjoyed your stay at Tranquility. Seems like you really enjoyed Jamaica and the best of Port Antonio. Thanks for your kind words. Best, fred
mrchow01
Southern California
“Tranquility Villa is exactly that.....tranquil, peaceful, wonderful.”
Reviewed January 6, 2017 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

This was our second stay at this little bit of heaven in Port Antonio and certainly not the last. Having stayed in many other types of accommodations in Jamaica, I was so pleased to have discovered Tranquility Villa. This has the hotel scene beat by a mile, especially if you like a lovely house, great pool, excellent staff, yummy food and views that can't be beat. Want to go into town and/or do some touring? It's all very close...hard to believe. Like I said....we will be back!

roger s
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Tranquillity Found”
Reviewed December 21, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

Tranquillity Villa embodies exactly what the name says.
Instead of staying at an "all inclusive" resort, or a mainstream hotel, with all the hustle, and bustle that comes with it, Tranquillity is the perfect choice for just relaxing.
It's location in the foothills above Port Antonio gives one the feeling of peaceful detachment from the world below.
The views are absolutely stunning.
Sitting comfortably on the spacious, and well appointed, shaded veranda above the swimming pool, caressed by a cool, wafting breeze, you can see beautiful Port Antonio below with Navy Island in the foreground; watching the boats, and ships coming and going while you are surrounded by the flowery, verdant greenery of the adjacent hills, and valleys.The best that nature has to offer.
Turning in the other direction are the lush Blue Mountains, staggering in their magnificent beauty.
The whole environment, and experience has a peaceful, calming effect on the soul. The perfect getaway for those seeking tranquillity.
The friendly staff consists of Bev the cook who makes excellent food with a smile, and a charming demeanor, and Dennis the houseman, always ready to help you out in any capacity that you may require.
This is not the Jamaica of busy, sunburnt tourists, but rather the Jamaica of your laidback dreams.
Situated high on a quiet, lush, tropical hilltop, this is where tranquillity is found.

Your age range 50-64
Mykwyner
“Most relaxing vacation I've ever had!”
Reviewed December 18, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

This place is exactly what their website says it is. A beautiful, well-maintained villa on a secluded mountain side overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The staff were wonderful but not intrusive. All of our needs were met, and all of our expectations were exceeded. My wife and I can't wait until we can go back again.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful... BUT Not Private and Just as Expensive as a Resort”
Reviewed December 13, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

The views from the house are amazing. My husband and I loved hanging out at the house just swimming in the pool or lazing around taking in the picturesque scenery. It was very peaceful. Then, out of nowhere, Dennis (the valet/house man) would show up and interrupt what you thought was a private moment. You see, Dennis is the valet that lives in the apartment below the house. He is ALWAYS there. Between him and the housekeeper/cook, we were NEVER alone. I wanted a PRIVATE getaway. If that's what you're looking for, BEWARE! This is not the place for you. On top of that, everyday the private cook asks you what you want for dinner the next night and then asks for $50-$60 USD. It was so expensive. It was cheaper the one night we went and ate at a 5-star hotel in town and the food was WAY better! Plus, they don't leave your leftovers in the refrigerator either. Your food purchases go toward feeding not only you, but also Dennis and the cook and her family. They were taking our leftovers with them every night. The food was okay. It wasn't great. I will say my husband loved the food and wasn't as bothered by the lack of privacy as I was, which is why I gave 4-stars instead of 3. Overall, it wasn't the vacation I was hoping for.
Also, the house has a private driver so that you can get around, but it is incredibly expensive. There are no set prices and when my husband asked Dennis how much we should pay for the taxi service, we found out later that the advice he gave was way more than we should have paid. The driver, valet and cook all were out to get as much money from us as possible. I'm not even sure what Dennis' job is except to annoy me. I'm sure the owner employs him to make sure we don't destroy any of the property. He would get onto us about tracking water up to the porch from the pool, yet we were only given one towel each, so after getting out of the pool once, the towel was completely soaked and useless. Dennis is also incredibly misogynistic. You should be prepared for constant sexist remarks. I know this place has gotten great reviews and I'm sure a lot of people loved their time at Tranquility Villa, but this was not the vacation for me. I would have paid less at an all-inclusive resort and I would have gotten more privacy. I will not be returning to Tranquility Villa.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Dec 16, 2016
Thank you for your candid review about your stay at Tranquility Villa. We are sorry that our Jamaica home was not your ideal vacation spot. We take pride in providing comfort and great care for all guests who stay with us, and have for many years.

​We do not hide the fact that our houseman has an apartment on the ground floor of the villa, he has been with us for over 12 years now. All villas have a person in their staff that lives at the property, and Tranquility is no different. Dennis is there to help keep the guests comfortable and to be sure they have what they need, as well as take care of the pool and pool deck, help serve during meals, answer any questions, help with the electronics at the villa, guide guests about the Port Antonio area, etc, etc ... ​ Remove him from the equation and the villa would not run as smoothly as it does.

By design, the all-inclusive resorts are much less private than the villas in Jamaica ... guests are sharing a pool with hundreds of people, dining with hundreds of people, for instance, also having a glass of wine with lots of people at the bar. Typically people book a villa to get away from the resort scene. And the views at the resorts do not offer what the villas can offer, especially in the Port Antonio area, with the fabulous views of the ships and sailboats going in and out of Marina in town, Navy Island, the John Crow and Blue Mountains ... two beautiful water falls within a 30 minute drive, many beaches close by that are not as crowded as those in the more touristy areas like Ocho Rios or Montego Bay, the famous Blue Lagoon for a fabulous swim!

So again, we are sorry that Tranquility was not the right fit for you... maybe an all-inclusive hotel would have provided just what you actually wanted from your stay in Jamaica.
JohnNalew...
Cebu City, Philippines
“Blue Mountains at My Back and Amazing and Gorgeous Port Antonio at My Feet !”
Reviewed May 15, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

What an Amazing Place ! I have stayed here before and can never wait to get back. I live NEGRIL and this is where I escape the maddening crow. The Location is incredible hidden on the edge of Blue Mountain Rainforest . Just 5min Drive Straight up from center of Port Antonio nestles you in this verdant spot.
So much to do close by, but it. Takes me a few days to get off the Veranda over looking Navy Island or My Back Balcony watching the Incredible and Unique Blue Mountains . Great Staff ,world-wide telephone to call any where complimentary. Now that's Service !

I highly recommend this place as the Owners Have a real Understanding and Appreciation of Jamaica that They TRULY LOVE TO SHARE ! Thank You All Will be Back Soon !

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The View and Accomodation
Liked least: Can't Think Of Anything !
Traveling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dec 15, 2016
Thanks for the kind words and glad you enjoyed you time...
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing