All reviewsplunge poolsupper clubprivate beachoutdoor bathprivate cinemascreening roomprofessional teamromantic settingwedding plannercaribbean seaauthentic experiencemodern amenitiesbreathtaking viewsrio grandeoverlooking the seabest kept secretdown to earth
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I come to Jamaica every year and stay at various top tier resorts, I haven't wrote a review yet. This remarkable set of villas with breathtaking sea views reinforced by the delightful staff borders on perfection. Upon entry you feel the need to start taking photos as the scenes are magical. I stayed for the weekend and now want to stay again for longer. The villa was immaculate to the point where you couldn't find fault with anything. Wonderful stay, Viva la Geejam!!!

Room Tip: I'm sure any villa chosen will leave no disappointment.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Yohan E
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed at Trident for 2 nights with my 2 best girlfriends - and we had an absolutely wonderful chillax weekend. The accommodations were excellent and the staff were non-intrusively accommodating and very helpful in everyway. Our villa was very private and the views were stunning and absolutely priceless. Breakfast was to die for - as a visiting Jamaican I was in heaven when rundown saltfish was served with all the trimmings - absolutely delightful it was and of course I could not get enough of the Jamaican coffee. Also had a lovely time at Geejam's beach and Trident's own beach and was pleased to see their conservation efforts. We all enjoyed our break at Trident - highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank JamBrit
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Although we were not staying at the hotel, from the moment we walked in for our dinner reservation we were welcomed warmly by everyone and treated as if we were guests. Byron made us comfortable at the bar mixing speciality infused drinks; he is the quintessential bartender, been with the property for over twenty years, friendly, passionate about the Trident, and knowledgeable about all things Port Antonio. Dinner was delicious, the best meal we have had in Jamaica (fourth visit to the island - second to Port Antonio), with a lovely atmosphere. During dinner the gracious hospitality continued, with an invitation from Steve Beaver to come back the next day and tour the proprty. We cannot wait to go back to the Trident on our next visit to Port Antonio!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
eagerbeaverhk, Manager at The Trident Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Hi Sally,

I'm so happy you enjoyed the location and service, and am only sorry that the food was not up to your expectation.

As you mentioned, we had to switch venue at extremely short notice, and the food had been prepared by one set of chefs, and had to be plated by another. My sincere apologies for this.

I recall you keeping Byron, and our other bar staff busy, til the wee hours, which I think they enjoyed as much as you all did!

I thank you for recognizing Port Antonio as a perfect wedding and honeymoon destination - something a dramatically growing number of couples are also discovering.

We hope to see you back – you’re really not so far away!
1love
Steve

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The service was exceptional, the location was breathtaking and the atmosphere was absolutely relaxing. We can't wait to go back. The most peaceful and relaxing vacation my family and I have had in a looong time. I highly recommend Trident for fun and relaxation. I thought my 11& 9 year old daughters would be bored with my husband and I relaxing so much, but they had an amazing time in the pool & at the beach. Arthur, the life guard took us snorkeling, that was lot of fun for our family as well. The front desk staff are highly educated and they provided exceptional service. Talk about paying attention to detail. Will, our waiter, was truly amazing. The food was a bit pricey, but oh! so yummy. This was the only vacation we've ever been on as a family and didn't return home more tired than we left... Loved every moment. We finally learned to simply relax. Thumbs up for Trident. If we can now convince our family & friends to join us next year for Spring Break

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Trident exceeded our expectations in every way. We had an amazing trip and the entire Trident team made it all possible. From the minute we were picked up at the airport, we were in the hands of people who genuinely wanted us to enjoy our stay. I was impressed with the property, the accommodations, the staff, the food and the entertainment. Each and every employee went out of their way to make this the best vacation. The property boasts amazing views and lots of places to take it all in peacefully. Our daily excursions were the best....easily planned by the front desk and accompanied by drivers who knew the best spots to fully immerse ourselves in the local lifestyle. We are already thinking about our next trip back! Thank you Steve and the the entire staff at the Trident for the best vacation we have had in a long time.

Room Tip: All villas are amazing!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family